Successful H4 stamping at HYD

INDNewYork

Yesterday, My wife attended her H4 interview along with 4 month child(US ctzn).

She got approved and within 1 hour, came out.

Interview(duration 2mins):

VO:Give me your husband's Visa copy.

She gave it.

VO: But his visa is expired!

She told we got H1,H4 extension and Do you want that extension copy?

VO: No need. thats ok.

VO: how much is your husband earning per annum?

My wife was not sure. Seeing that, VO asked the latest paychek.

She gave it. and he told, here it is...He is earning *** amount.

VO: Visa approved and you will get your PP within a week.

This is what I observed when I compare with other H1\H4 stamping cases:

Clean employer, Paying ALL taxes on time, AND MOST importantly stick with ONE employer and don't try to keep changing(or making spouse to change) the status from h4 to h1 and vice-versa or F1-H1, because that will make things complicated for the VO to judge and whenever the VO needs to put his brain into the case within few minutes while the candidate is infront of him, he will simply issue a 221-g or put a query so that other related officials does the studying(pain!) and make a decision when their time permits. Straight forward cases has the most success rate and no delays.

Buddy... all the employers are clean.. Nothing to do with the employer... I have seen my friends n their spouses working with ****** or *** getting 221(g).... does this mean they their employer isn't clear.... Its the mood of the officer... My wife did get a 221g in her H4 intv... but tht was because she her education is from medical background... and got back the passport with visa stamped in couple of weeks.. As such getting H4 without any hassles is normal... so nothing spl in this... But issuing 221g for H4 is just weird.... which is wht is happening now....

Buddy... all the employers are clean.. Nothing to do with the employer... I have seen my friends n their spouses working with ****** or *** getting 221(g).... does this mean they their employer isn't clear.... Its the mood of the officer... My wife did get a 221g in her H4 intv... but tht was because she her education is from medical background... and got back the passport with visa stamped in couple of weeks.. As such getting H4 without any hassles is normal... so nothing spl in this... But issuing 221g for H4 is just weird.... which is wht is happening now....

May be you haven't got the essence of my posting. Read it once again. Clean employer is one of the factors,,,,,Paying taxes on time, being on payroll all the time, sticking with one employer....every thing contributes. Before 1.5 yrs, my wife's visa got delayed because she was from biotech background, I know that. But so many H4's are getting stuck which USED to be wierd, Now, H4 221g is getting normal. Issuing H4 visa became just complex like H1.

<>Its the mood of the officer... </> Your words are immatured. VO's are trained to not bring any personal things like MOOD into profession, but to bring as many informative immigration facts before issuing a visa. I worked in ***** And ***, Infy all has hundreds of potential tax related issues in the U.S....They are not clean but getting along because of their reputaion.

Hi INDNewYork,

I am planning to send my wife for H4 Stamping in the first week of December. We have 1 year old baby(US Citizen). Can she carry the baby to the consulate for her interview? Do we need to fill out any information about the baby.

Regards,

Sri

Yes, She can carry the baby. No need to fill any information. Babies are allowed. Won't be asked but, Just carry your baby's US passport and indian visa or PIO card.

Archived