H4 cancel visa interview - H1/H4 together

itsmylife1980

Hello friends,

I am in USA and my wife is in India.

I have taken her H4 visa interview in November last week in hyderabad.

But because of some personal reasons I might need to go to India for 2 weeks trip.

So we are planning to go for visa extension stamping in hyderabad at the same time.

So how can i do this?

Do i need to cancel my wife's current visa interview ?

Or cancel the interview and can i use her CEAC bar code number again when I book my visa interview date ?

Please advice, as i havent done this before.

thankyou very much in advance.

Kumar

Yes, she can use the HDFC receipt number again(only once).

While you take ur visa date, and while adding her to ur appointment, the system will also take HER hdfc reciept number and CEAC number also. Dont worry.

She needs to go or send some body to the VFS or concerned embassy and get her current appointment cancelled. Remember appointment can be cancelled or changed only once. She can do the cancellation online. But If you go there, you can re-activate ur CEAC barcode number.

Hi INDNewYork,

Thanks for your replies.

What i was thinking is, i cancel the appointment online.

As i have already the .dat file which i saved while taking her appt, i reuse the same and generate a new CEAC number ( or i might be wrong this may not generate new CEAC number -then i might need to re enter her details again and re generate new CEAC number ).

Do the same for myself and generate a new CEAC number for me.

While taking visa date for me - i enter my details , my CEACnumber and my HDFC number and add my wife with her CEAC number ( new one ) and her HDFC number and take the visa date for group.

Please see if this works.

Also is there any rule to cancel the visa date before like a week before or 2-3 days before or something like this ?

thanks again

The DAT file stored in our local computer will be related to that CEAC number only. So I guess you need to fill the information again for SAFE and avoiding CONFUSION at the time of interview. I think you need to cancel the appt atleast 3 working days in advance because that is when you need to submit the docs for your wife's H4 appt.

Archived