H1B Ammendement - Do I need Visa Stamping?

ricef

Hi All,

I would really appreciate If you answer the following question.

I used to work in MA, and I went to visa stamping in India couple of months back and got my visa stamped and returned to USA. After returning to USA, my contract was finished and I'm currently working in FL. My employer filed new LCA and applied for H1 Ammendment. I'm currently waiting for the approval. Next month, I have to go back to India for my marriage. I have a valid US Visa till 2013. Do I need to go for visa stamping again due to this H1 ammendement?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

ricef

You should take advice from your attorney but below is what i think

You do not need to go for visa stamping if your current visa is still valid. New LCA amendment does not require new visa stamping but is is advisable that you do not leave the country if your H1B amendment is still in progress. You can ask your employer to file premium processing now so that your amendment is approved before you leave the country

Hi All,

I would really appreciate If you answer the following question.

I used to work in MA, and I went to visa stamping in India couple of months back and got my visa stamped and returned to USA. After returning to USA, my contract was finished and I'm currently working in FL. My employer filed new LCA and applied for H1 Ammendment. I'm currently waiting for the approval. Next month, I have to go back to India for my marriage. I have a valid US Visa till 2013. Do I need to go for visa stamping again due to this H1 ammendement?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

ricef

No....if you have a valid VISA Stamping with the same employer you don't have to go for Stamping again...you are good till 2013. Wish you a advanced married life...

Hi, I'm in a similar kind of situation,but I haven't visited INDIA after my H1 approved.

My H1 got approved in march when I was at different client place, after it approved, I have changed my client in April. My employer didnt applied for the Amendment till now. Now I have to go to INDIA, so if I apply for Amendment now, will there be any problem? as its been nearly 7 months.

Kindly let me know.

Archived