Birth Certificate for 485 filing

prasadkumart

Hi,

I do not have a birth certificate.

Postings related to this topic were suggesting to get Non Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC) and affidavits from parents/siblings, if you don't have a birth certificate.

Per conversation with my attorney, I had been told that even it's valid to produce birth certificate, which may be obtained at this point of time (after 30+ years of birth).

Could you please suggest me which is appropriate?

And also could you please point me the templates for the same?

Appreciate your help.

I was in same kind of boat for my wife's BC. NABC + parents Affidavit should work definitely. Though our attorney also suggested if we get BC then nothing is better than that. The only thing you need to take care is, on BC certificate issue date can be today's date, in your case after 30 years BUT BIRTH REGISTRATION DATE SHOULD BE WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE BIRTH.

So, for example, if birth date is 1st jan 1980 then on Birth Certificate

- Birth date: 1st Jan 1980

- Birth registration date: (SHOULD BE BETWEEN 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1980) If it is after 31st Dec 1980 then it may not work

- Birth certificate Issue date: 6th Nov 2011 (CURRENT DATE).

NOTE: IT BETTER TO GET DATES IN FULL FORMATE LIKE (1ST JAN 1980) BECAUSE SOMETIME IT CAUSES TROUBLE IN DD/MM/YYYY(Indian date format) with MM/DD/YYYY(US date format)

Archived