H4 visa - admin processing

jags.kum

Hi,

I was on H1 B visa till now and my H1 extension for 7th year has been denied. I have a Motion To Reopen (MTR) in progress. Had to come to India since I couldn't stay for more time in US after the H1B was denied.

Have made an appointment with US consulate on 4th Nov and they have put me on admin processing 221g (blue slip) indicating I need an approval from USCIS for extension of stay. I still have my passport with me.

Just got a notification from UCSIS that my H1 got approved after the MTR was considered. Glad to see this!

Now, I am in a dilemma. Two questions below:

1. Should I respond to 221g with my approved H1B I-797 indicating that the extension of stay is officially approved?

2. Should I approach the US consulate with another appointment for H1B visa stamping with my new approval, my concern is that I do not have any project in hand to show at the US consulate if they ask me for it.

Don't know what needs to be done. Experts, please advise.

Thanks

Jag

Thanks INDNewyork, my point 1 is to respond my H4 221g with my H1 B approval notice. So should i respond with my h1 notice indicating that its approved? Don't you think they would come back saying if the H1 is approved, why not just go ahead with H1 stamping?

My previous project is complete, I may not have eligibility to go back because of the rules at clients place.

This is like a catch 22 situation.

I am approaching murthy.com attorneys and have already talked to them, they have already indicated that H4 stamping is not relevant to my 6 yrs of H1 and should not have any approval for getting stamped.

Thanks INDNewyork, my point 1 is to respond my H4 221g with my H1 B approval notice. So should i respond with my h1 notice indicating that its approved? Don't you think they would come back saying if the H1 is approved, why not just go ahead with H1 stamping?

My previous project is complete, I may not have eligibility to go back because of the rules at clients place.

This is like a catch 22 situation.

I am approaching murthy.com attorneys and have already talked to them, they have already indicated that H4 stamping is not relevant to my 6 yrs of H1 and should not have any approval for getting stamped.

If they ask you to go for stamping on ur new h1 approval, tell them that u already are there and ask them to update ur old case with the new note of ur new h1 approval and issue the visa. I am not sure of ur spouse h4 situation.

Archived