Challenging PWD

vam25

Hi

PWD for my job position are showing too high than my salary. My company attorney said we can challenge them for both title and the wage rates.

Does any one know what are my chances of getting them approved .

I am already 2 months into my 6th year of H1 so I want to apply Perm from some other company parellely is that possible.

Please Help !!

Well, there aren't many options. One is to see if there are other salary surveys.

Other than that, changing employers, i.e., to one who pays the prevailing wage, would be the only way out.

Oh, and by the time you get the GC, you need to get paid the higher of the prevailing wage at that time and the salary listed on the LC. Undercutting the salaries is not going to get you a GC.

Oh, and by the time you get the GC, you need to get paid the higher of the prevailing wage at that time and the salary listed on the LC.

JoeF , how sure are you about this ? From whatever I have read, employer should commit to and pay the salary listed in LC NOT prevailing wage at that time. In fact, the employer's letter during 485 should state that employer will pay the salary listed in LC . The lawmakers probably never thought that getting a GC will take 10+ years and PW will dramatically change during that period.

Archived