Visa interview location question - Urgent

niraj2003

Hi,

I'm in US for for than 4 years. My stamped visa on passport is expired for more than 12 months.

I'm travelling to India and need to scheduled a visa interview. My passport has an address that falls under Mumbai consulate. I checked the interview availability dates in Mumbai consulate, the dates are not available as of now. Can I schedule interview at other consulate that seems to have dates available?

Also, while filling DS-160 I have selected Mumbai as the interview location. Do I need to fill another DS-160 with different interview location or Mumabi location will work.

Thanks for your help.

While taking the appointment, select the category 'An Indian citizen residing in US'. Also you can select any location in India for interview.

Do the required changes in the current DS160, submit it again and it will generate a new CEAC code, that you can use to schedule the interview. Make sure the location you select in DS160 will be the location of your interview

Manish

Hi everyone..

I have been thru this 221(g) security clearance back in 2008. I attended interview at Chennai consulate for my first H-B stamping in early Dec 2008 and got my visa stamped in late March 2009...almost 4 months. I am full time employee with MS degree in US and now I have to get my H-1B renewal stamp this Nov end. I have to visit India for personal reasons.

Please advise which consulate I should attend to minimize the chances of getting 221(g) again. I spoke with my attorney and he said "most probably it will happen again, since it happend first time". Should I goto HYD or Chennai?? appreciate for any advise.

Hi everyone..

I have been thru this 221(g) security clearance back in 2008. I attended interview at Chennai consulate for my first H-B stamping in early Dec 2008 and got my visa stamped in late March 2009...almost 4 months. I am full time employee with MS degree in US and now I have to get my H-1B renewal stamp this Nov end. I have to visit India for personal reasons.

Please advise which consulate I should attend to minimize the chances of getting 221(g) again. I spoke with my attorney and he said "most probably it will happen again, since it happend first time". Should I goto HYD or Chennai?? appreciate for any advise.

if the atttorney has told you it will happen again, pick the consulate that is most convenient for you. Availability of dates is similar to hyd or chennai. another point to consider would be that hyd may be newer and chennai may have a lot of experiened staff.

all the best.

Archived