H1B Transfer/Extension RFE and I-94 expiring

musicnlyrics1981

Hi,

I am in a situation here. Any advise would be appreciated.

I changed employers in June 2011 and my new employer filed for my H1B transfer/extension on 27th June 2011 under regular processing in Vermont center. I received an RFE on my case on Oct 7th 2011 and my employer/attorney is working to put together the documents to reply (The RFE response date mentioned is Jan 02, 2012 but my employer said he'll respond within a month). My RFE requires evidence on the following two points:

1. Itinerary of employment and work site information.

2. Right to control.

Regarding point#2, my employer asked me to talk to the client and get a client letter. I did get a letter from the client but it states that they need my services till April 2012 while my extension is filed till July 1st, 2014. Does that mean my visa will be extended only till Apr 2012 or can it be extended for a longer period since I'm a full time employee of my consulting company and they can put me on another project if this one ends in April.

Most importantly, can this lead to my rejection of Visa?

Also, my current I-94 expires on Nov 4. I know I can stay in US and work till my case is pending, but in case my case gets denied, can another employer file for my H1 transfer under premium processing (asking coz my I-94 would have expired by then)?

If I'll have to leave the country then, I'll just have 10 days to pack and leave...right?

Please help me with these questions.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

musicnlyrics1981

Archived