Missing paystubs

anniyan_iitm

Hi all,

Can somebody please help me regarding the pay stubs missing during the h1b transfer. My employer provides pay with a 15 day delay. ie., for the period, October 1st to 15th he pays on 30th of October and provides the pay stub on the same day.

I recently got my h1b transferred to a new employer as a full time employee on 27th October. So, he didn't provide me the pay stubs for the period 1st to 15th October and 16th to 26th October. Will this cause any problem in future as these are the only proofs I have for my experience and status maintenance for that period (he is not ready to provide experience letter).

Can somebody please help me how to handle this situation.

Thanks

Kalyan.

Thanks for the reply JoeF.

I was not paid as well. Previous employer was angry as I got my visa transferred to a new employer and so removed access to the third party pay roll website where we used to download the pay stubs. Please help.

The employer has to pay you, no matter what. This kind of "being angry" is rather unprofessional. People change jobs, that's just a fact of life...

If the employer doesn't want to pay your outstanding salary, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

The DOL will make the employer pay you.

Thanks for the help JoeF. I told my employer that I will proceed with complaining as you said and yesterday they told me they are processing the payment and will provide the pay stubs :-)

Hehe. Not unusual. These kind of employers hope that the (ex-)employees don't know about the rules... they hope they can get away with things. They don't like having the DOL investigate them...

Knowing your rights always helps.

Archived