Tracking H1B who got 221g@Ottawa & Email to drop passport for stamping

forumfan09

Attended my interview on Oct 24th in Ottawa and got a 221g admin processing. I have received an email from US consulate on Oct 28th to return to the embassy in person to drop the passport for stamping.

They asked me to print the email confirmation to get into the embassy. Anyone has an idea about the procedure to drop the passport and collect my original documents ? Do I have to again get the token and wait for the interview to drop my passport for stamping or is there a short cut?

Thanks!

Congrats...What time u got the mail??....Me to attended 24th 9am..

Let's see....

Attended my interview on Oct 24th in Ottawa and got a 221g admin processing. I have received an email from US consulate on Oct 28th to return to the embassy in person to drop the passport for stamping.

They asked me to print the email confirmation to get into the embassy. Anyone has an idea about the procedure to drop the passport and collect my original documents ? Do I have to again get the token and wait for the interview to drop my passport for stamping or is there a short cut?

Thanks!

hi friends,

Today morning i got mail consulate to drop my passport, they said everything is done.

but ur passport needs to be validated can get letter from indian embassy. Because

my passport renewed in singapore. So i went there they are asking for one week...

Any how one headache is done....

thanks and regards

Udhay

• 2 weeks later...

@ Forumfan: Can you explain what was the procedure when you went to drop off your passport?

Did you have to schedule another asppointment? What documents did you carry, is passport and the email print out enough?

Did you request them if the passport can be collected by hand, or are you aware if they consider such request.

Archived