Toronto H1b Stamping experience

nikki2011

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share with you all my H1b Stamping exp in Toronto Canada.

Documents Photocopy

Passport i-94 Consulate Appointment Letter Fee Receipt DS160 Confirmation Page DS160 Form Education W2 Lastest Bank Statement i797 Employer Letter I-129 LCA Current resume Pay stubs Labor Approval I-140 Degree Transcripts/Education Evaluation Prior Work Exp Company Profile Previous Employer Company Profile Marriage Ceritificate Social Sec Card Drivers License US Address proof Reccomendation Letter from Supervisor US Entry In and Out

Documents Original

Passport Photograph Education i797 Employer Letter Photos of Current Employer names places of Company Canadian Visa Stamped Kids Passport Kids PIO Card- In case had to go to India

- Took a flight(one way) from Chicago to Toronto on Sunday

- Immigration in Canada went really smooth - told them reason of coming is H1B stamping

- I had my daugther with me who is US citizen- they are very stricy single parent travelling with kids- need spouse letter with photocopy of spouse's identity.

- Stayed at friends place

-Monday (Oct 24th) Morning appointment time was 9.15, took a cab, reached at 9.

-My 3 yr daughther was with me , no questions asked for her, they did not even checked any documents for her. Rather they were all very nice to her.

-Went through security- no food, no car keys, no battery operated things allowed. - Make sure they r very strict.

- First person checked oassport and DS160 confirmation page, and told me to meet another lady (near the main office entrance)

- Other lady checked same DS160 and confirmation page and told me to go inside and stand in line.

- I was called to check document, she saw the picture which was very clear, but they said there is some shadow and told me to get a picture from the booth . You need 10$ Canadian dollars, I have to go out for change so Make sure you carry $10CAD change. They were almost telling everyone to take a picture.

Went out to a nearby grocery store, Got the change. Again went through security and all - got the picture done, that lady gave me token no.

I was called within 10 min for finger prints. they took full 10 fingers scan.

Next comes the wait part- almost 3 hours wait..Nothing to eat or drink inside.They generally don;t call by token no.

My turn came , The lady checked and wrote PIMS Okay.

Then asked me who is my empoloyer,

Ex employer ( consulting firm)

No more questions asked no documents asked..She said everything looks good, Gave me white slip and told me I'll get the passport in 3-5 days.

Got an email from Loomis Express on Wednesday - Oct 26th around 7pm . Picked the passport next day.

Came back to chicago in flight. The immigration for US is in Canada only , Please do not miss that, One of my friend missed that and it takes 3-4 weeks to update and you have to send the documents to USCIS if you miss that.

Good luck to all of you.

- Nikki

Archived