Successful stamping in Tokyo

vakkadar

I am a Indian national. I have worked in the past in US and have my I140 approved too. As part of company transfer I moved to Singapore and then to Japan.

I have been in Japan for almost 14 months and prior to that a year in Singapore.

I applied for new H1B in mid September. Go the approval by Sep 29th. Got the documents on October 15th. Went for stamping in Tokyo on 21st October.

Three questions were asked

1. How long have you been working for the current employer?

5 years

2. What is the qualification?

Answered.

3. Is one of your child a US citizen? We showed our children to the VO and pointed the US Citizen

The Consulate Officer told us that the visa has been approved for all of us.

I work for a financial multinational as a direct employee and iI am again relocating back to NYC as part of company transfer again.

The interview was very smooth. We had all the documents to support and diligently filled up the application form.

Just wanted to share my experience as this forum was very helpful to me throughout the process.

Hope this helps for people especially non Japanese who are working in Tokyo and taking the US visa interview in Tokyo Japan.

All the best for everyone and thank you to murthy forum for offering this to the community. I will be glad to anwer any questions

Archived