Oct & Nov 221G Reasons in Ottawa Tracking

Oblesh

hi friends,

I have attended my interview @ 9.00 AM in U.S consulate (Ottawa) on Oct 24th and got 221g. The officer ( @ counter 2) asked me the below questions:

What company do you work for ? XYZ

What does the company do? IT consulting & development

What is your position in the company? Programmer anlyst

How many yrs have you been with this company? 5 yrs +

Who is the end client you work for ? ABC

How many sub-vendors are there ? I said 2 , he made a note of the 2 vendors

How many yrs have you been working with this client ABC? 5yrs + I said that I am very long term contract with the client

How many more yrs do you think that you will with the same client ? I am hoping that it will be the end of 2014

What kind of work do you at the client ? Analysis, Design & Development

He then asked me to submit all the letters and supporting docs to prove the employment relationship which he didn't even check. He also asked me to submit my w2 slips and pay stubs which I did. He then picked up a blue form and checked admin processing telling me that my application needs further investigation. I told the officer that I am on visitor visa here and I have all the documentation. He said that he is giving my passport back and I can travel anywhere. He kept my original I797 form as well. I am not struck up here in Ottawa with no valid U.S visa to go back.

I work in EVC model and was never been on bench. I have been working with the same employer and same end client for the past 5+ yrs. i don't know how long it's going to take and I am struck here in Ottawa now without a valid U.S visa and single entry Canadian visa. Great mistake!

@forumfan09: hi . Can you Please help me by answering my question . If we are issued 221(g) can we ask our passport back.So Iam in a different situation.I have my marriage on November 13th 2011 and I have to travel india .Iam attending Stamping on Oct31st .So if we are issued 221(g) can we ask our passport back .Please help me by answering this question

@forumfan09: hi . Can you Please help me by answering my question . If we are issued 221(g) can we ask our passport back.So Iam in a different situation.I have my marriage on November 13th 2011 and I have to travel india .Iam attending Stamping on Oct31st .So if we are issued 221(g) can we ask our passport back .Please help me by answering this question

Yes you can ask for your passport. I have replied detailed response in another post.

:::::::::::::::::::::: If you work in EVC Model, you are risking yourself by going to Ottawa. If you go through forum you will come to know most of the guys who stuck in Ottawa are EVC. In my personnel opinion go to India for Stamping, even tho you stuck there it is fine. Regarding your passport what i have observed is they generally return passport but in one case they did not return passport immediately but after 1 week they called him back and gave him passport saying it will take longer time. You never know what will happen, better go to home country.

hi friends,

I have attended my interview @ 9.00 AM in U.S consulate (Ottawa) on Oct 24th and got 221g. The officer ( @ counter 2) asked me the below questions:

What company do you work for ? XYZ

What does the company do? IT consulting & development

What is your position in the company? Programmer anlyst

How many yrs have you been with this company? 5 yrs +

Who is the end client you work for ? ABC

How many sub-vendors are there ? I said 2 , he made a note of the 2 vendors

How many yrs have you been working with this client ABC? 5yrs + I said that I am very long term contract with the client

How many more yrs do you think that you will with the same client ? I am hoping that it will be the end of 2014

What kind of work do you at the client ? Analysis, Design & Development

He then asked me to submit all the letters and supporting docs to prove the employment relationship which he didn't even check. He also asked me to submit my w2 slips and pay stubs which I did. He then picked up a blue form and checked admin processing telling me that my application needs further investigation. I told the officer that I am on visitor visa here and I have all the documentation. He said that he is giving my passport back and I can travel anywhere. He kept my original I797 form as well. I am not struck up here in Ottawa with no valid U.S visa to go back.

I work in EVC model and was never been on bench. I have been working with the same employer and same end client for the past 5+ yrs. i don't know how long it's going to take and I am struck here in Ottawa now without a valid U.S visa and single entry Canadian visa. Great mistake!

hi friends, good news. I have got the confirmation email today to bring my passport back for stamping. I came to know from Client that they did my employment verification yesterday. good luck for all the people who got 221g.

I understand your situation but you are risking yourself by going to Ottawa consulate. You will usually get back your passport if there is a 221g. Just in case if they didn't give your passport you can tell VO that you have to travel and he will give your passport back.

Archived