221G, Pending Further Processing, Ottawa, Canada

immi_kk

@

kannykanny1,

Hey, did you get an update, if not, best of luck. I am just wondering, as u might not having client letter and u might have given vendor letter and info, thatz why they might have called to ur vendor. Correct?

I don't have client letter but have clinet PO with Vendor, it has everything what should be there in client letter. will that ok to attend there?

@dgshyam No there has been no update so far.

I had POs too but he did not take it . Neither W2s nor bank statement. I gave him letter from Vendor letter, employer letter and my old client letter that was used for filing H1B. Also, gave him timesheets and organisation chart that had my pic.

He asked me to send additional documents through email that I think wd improve my case .

I am not sure if I shd send anything more since they did not ask anything more.

Guys I had Interview on 10/25/2011 and was given 221g for Client letter. I had client letter but it was in wrong format, so VO gave me a 221g and asked me to ask my client to send them client letter directly and luckily my Client sent them letter and on 10/28/2011 I received email from VO stating my visa is approved.

kannykanny1: Could you please email me at ravi.visa.interview@******.com

Guys

I received a white slip - 221g for further review since I didnt have a client letter - Anyone with the same experience? Can you pls let me know what this means?

VO asked me to submit all the relevant documents during the interview & then issued a white slip which says further review.

My interview was very short

VO - have you been working with your employer all this time?

Me- yes

VO - what are your roles/responsibilities?

Me - systems analyst

VO - are you a programmer analyst or systems analyst?

Me - both

VO - Do you have your client letter

Me - No, I work for a financial firm & they don't issue client letters but I have a vendor letter that proves my work at the client place.

VO - Gave my passport back & issued a white 221g slip with a box marked for further review

The letter says that it'll take 1 working day for further review of my application

Does anyone have any idea what does WHITE 221g mean? How long would it take?

Appreciate any response?

Thanks

Guys

I received a white slip - 221g for further review since I didnt have a client letter - Anyone with the same experience? Can you pls let me know what this means?

VO asked me to submit all the relevant documents during the interview & then issued a white slip which says further review.

My interview was very short

VO - have you been working with your employer all this time?

Me- yes

VO - what are your roles/responsibilities?

Me - systems analyst

VO - are you a programmer analyst or systems analyst?

Me - both

VO - Do you have your client letter

Me - No, I work for a financial firm & they don't issue client letters but I have a vendor letter that proves my work at the client place.

VO - Gave my passport back & issued a white 221g slip with a box marked for further review

The letter says that it'll take 1 working day for further review of my application

Does anyone have any idea what does WHITE 221g mean? How long would it take?

Appreciate any response?

Thanks

Dude, I saw you. I even put an email to you on your email id. Call me, we can talk. I am also same situation.

Attended Visa interview on Oct 24th at 9.30 am.

Model EVC

F1- H1

questions asked

where did you do your MS?

what is your company?

how do you spell that?

since when are you working for this?

How did you apply for this job?

How big your company?

what is your role? and what do you do?

who is the end client?

Is there any vendor in between?NO

any other layers after the prime vendor?NO

and then he picked up a blue form and said they need to further investigate my case and I need to wait until they come back with a resolution and gave my passport back.He kept my original I-797 (H1B - approval)

I have asked him if you need anymore documentation?

he said he needs the pay slips and asked me are you ever on bench?I said I was never on bench.

and he gave me ottawa consulate email to contact them for status updates.

So now, I have these questions.

1) Is there anybody out here who are in the same situation.... should I wait for a week to see what is going to happen?normally how long it is going to take for this kind of admin processing??? because I got my passport back I have bad feeling.... :(

2).Can I travel back to USA as I am having my passport with me??

I have a copy of I-797 though the original is with the VO. while I was travelling to canada from USA nobody asked me for I-797 at the port of entry

3).If I cant go back to USA, Can I at least travel to India? Planned my wedding in the month of November.

with my passport and no original I-797 can I go home?

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

@immi_kk

I hope everything will be good for you.

Did you get any update on your case?

I am also planning to go to Canada for F1 to H1B

My Background

Model : EC

But changed 3 employers while on OPT. I did not have pay stubs for all the months while on OPT, means for some months i am on bench.

while on H1B i have all pay stubs.

Can you please suggest me whether is it better to go to Canada for visa stamping?

Can you please let me know, if you have any info how the stamping success rate for F1 to H1B cases in Canada.

I really appreciate. Thanks a lot for your help.

• 2 months later...

Archived