7th year H1B transfer potential issue with Company merger and new name

nightmare

Hi, this is my 8th year in US. Been working with Company A for a long time and they are the one's who sponsored my green card with both PERM and I-140 approved (6 months back). My H1-B extension was just approved for a period of 3 years. Now, here's the potential issue, month or two back my company merged with two other companies, and a new company Company B was created while my H1 was being approved. So am not sure what needs to be done in terms of H1 and I-140 with the new company name.

Other question is, I have been working with one client for long and they are very much interested in hiring me!! I know if it was not for new company name issue, then the transfer would have been more simpler and correspondingly my green card could have been started with old priority date.

What i am not sure is how does it work if my current company got merged and my company name is changed. What would i need from my current company or what needs to be completed by current company so i could initiate a H1 transfer with my client. Would i run into any potential issues?

Any replies will be appreciated!!

• 1 year later...

Archived