Successful stamping in Vancouver

grish

I had visa appointment on oct 17th Monday 9:30 AM.I went to ambassy at 8.45 and it is quite long line.After verifying the appointment timings they do the security check after completing security check they send you to the 1st floor. on floor took both mine and my wifes passport and I 797. I felt like they are rushing you to submit it quickly. You will be given a token number for your document submission

Some how they were not taking the finger prints on First floor that day. They will call your number to return your passports and I 797. Here is the trouble come to me. I have indian passport and my wife is Australian. Australians are required to pay $105 additional fee if the visa is approved. I had only $40 with me. I was scared... I checked with the lady who took my documents earlier and she told me if the visa is approved they will let me go out and come back. I was keeping my figures crossed.

Few minutes later our number was called to go to 20th floor. few folks were waiting in the line to get their number called for the Visa interview.

after few minutes ournumber was called for window X . We reached the window and here starts the interview. our interview was the most amazing interview i ever had with US consulate.

Me: How are you?

VO: Good. How are you?

Me: Good!

VO: your Company (X) insurance company!

Me: Yes

VO: started taking our finger prints

After we completed the figure prints. he asked us to pay the additional fee for my wife. I explained i do not have the cash or credit card (I left everything at the hotel due to the security )

VO: handed me 221g to pay for the fee and allow me to come back to consulate

Me: Do i need to bring my wife with me ?

VO: No, either one of you can come and pay the fee

after that we came back to hotel and I got the money with me(my wife stayed at the hotel). after reaching the consulate showed the 221g (white) and was allowed to go to the 20th floor straight after passing the security from the 1st floor. No wait in line either.

Paid the fees and went to the counter and I was handed how to track my passport.

We received the passport pick up notification next day Tuesday 18th around 7.10 PM. Picked up the passport in the morning and was back to seattle in few hours.

It was really nice experience.

Additonal Info: I stayed at the Sutton Place, Since I had to back and forth from hotel and consulate. I would recommend getting a hotel near by. Sutton Place was not far from the consulate. It was about 10 minute walk but I took cab since I did not wanted to waste time . I wanted to pay the fees before they close their doors... Not sure what time they close the door down stair

There is a Marriot next to the Consulate and Hayat few blocks away. Also Pacific rim is a block or two away.

I am an FTE and this is my 7th year in H1 and now good for another almost 3 years.

Good luck everyone going for their stamping. this forum has helped a lot reading others experience

Archived