Received blank passport from VFS

gogokool

I have collected my passport from VFS office and there is NO Visa Stamp in the Passport.

I received 221g a month ago. There is NO other document along with passport.

What does this mean ? If a visa is refused, will there be a letter stating the same. If so, how/who will receive the letter. Whom should I contact.

I have collected my passport from VFS office and there is NO Visa Stamp in the Passport.

I received 221g a month ago. There is NO other document along with passport.

What does this mean ? If a visa is refused, will there be a letter stating the same. If so, how/who will receive the letter. Whom should I contact.

If its a refusal, the refusal letter is not sent along with the passport. It comes via regular mail to ur address mentioned in DS 160 form. U can call the DOS & tell them that u received ur passport without a stamp & no letter stating about the result of admin processing. They will tell u if the letter is on its way from the consulate.

My case was NOT updated online till now. Not sure if DOS has information about all applications. Is it the 202 number ?

Yes it is the 202 number.. DOS has all information about ur case,just that they dont disclose much.. When u call, be very specific that since your passport was returned without a stamp & no letter stating what about the visa, hence the call to DOS. Its then that they would give u info, if the consulate has a letter with them which they are gonna post u...

In India, most consulates post the letter in the evening (same day when u are supposed to collect ur passport). This letter is sent via regular post service. So can take about a week's time for it to reach u.

Thanks @Tejalks. I called DOS and they stated that the case is sent back to USCIS. Since consulate could not issue the visa, my passport is returned. When I enquired if its Denied, they said wait for the letter.

Sent back to USCIS - does this mean its rejected or its still in Admin Processing ?

Thanks @Tejalks. I called DOS and they stated that the case is sent back to USCIS. Since consulate could not issue the visa, my passport is returned. When I enquired if its Denied, they said wait for the letter.

Sent back to USCIS - does this mean its rejected or its still in Admin Processing ?

Well in official terms it means that its rejected from the consulate ( for xyz reason, which will be mentioned in the letter).. After this, u cant call consulate or DOS for update.. Its sent back to USCIS for further review - this can be reaffirmation / revocation.. I am not sure if cases which have been sent back to USCIS have been revoked without a strong base..

Cut short in simple words this means that ur wait is still not over..

Archived