I-485 - EB2 Clarification

getprasanna

1) My understanding is, if the date gets current, I-485, EAD and advance parole will be applied together. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2) My Family is in Chennai, India - and they won't be here until Feb 2011. I am in process of getting passport and birth certificate for my son. During this time, if I become eligible for I-485, can I apply only for myself without family? If yes, then what's the process for my Wife and son, do they get to apply at later point as supplement whenever they are back to US, even when my I-485 is pending?

3) I am planning to visit Chennai India sometime in December 2011 to expedite my son's paperwork. During this time (when I am in Chennai, India) If I become eligible for I-485 what's the process? (I guess I have to come back to US immediately to get the medical stuff done). If I become eligible for I-485 prior to my trip, I will definitely apply and would like to know whether I have to apply for advance parole for safe return back to US?

4) Just curious, how about the medical examination, when should that be done.

Advance thanks for replying to my post.

Here are the points

1. Yes, if your priority date is current then, I-485, EAD and AP can be applied all together.

2. You would know at least 20 days before that you will be current. Meaning the bulletin will release in advance. Its always advisable to apply all together. Who know if the dates retrogates later.

3. Its always good to apply when the dates are current.

1) Usually, yes. Only I-485 is required.

2) You may apply on your own. The fact that your AOS is pending generally does not impact your family's ability to travel. Assuming, they/you are maintaining whatever status you were supposed to be maintain wihtout AOS.

3) If you travel on H or L visa, it is not an issue to travel without AP.

Archived