Ref for Cross Chargeability inquiry

evakwong

We filed concurent I140/I145 on Aug 2007.

Principal (My hushand)

COB: Hong Kong

P/D: 6/7/2007

EB3

Spouse (Myself)

COB: China

P/D: 8/23/2005

EB3

We submitted an inquiry on June 2, 2011 regarding 1) multiple Prority Dates and 2) Cross Chargeability.

USCIS sent out Letter for evidence yesterday. I'm just wondering if anyone have idea what is the evidence USCIS needed usually. How long would it take to process after evidence provided? Does it a good sign to get GC smoothly? Thanks for all the input.

We filed concurent I140/I145 on Aug 2007.

Principal (My hushand)

COB: Hong Kong

P/D: 6/7/2007

EB3

Spouse (Myself)

COB: China

P/D: 8/23/2005

EB3

We submitted an inquiry on June 2, 2011 regarding 1) multiple Prority Dates and 2) Cross Chargeability.

USCIS sent out Letter for evidence yesterday. I'm just wondering if anyone have idea what is the evidence USCIS needed usually. How long would it take to process after evidence provided? Does it a good sign to get GC smoothly? Thanks for all the input.

Yeah it's kind of weird. If your husband is the primary beneficiary, you cannot use your PD on his case. You can however, file through your company as the primary using your husband's country of birth for cross chargability. USCIS used to allow filing using spouse's PD but not any more.

Well, now it does. You can't use cross chargeability to get an earlier PD. The principal's PD is the one to be used. So, the person with the earlier PD should be the principal. You can only use cross chargeability to use derivative's country of birth. Your lawyer is going the right direction.

Just want to keep this posted for someone who is at the same boat as me. We got the evidence letter for USCIS last Friday and USCIS request us 1) to confirm we need to do the I140 swap by a letter 2) the offering letter on my company letter head 3) my I120 from school 4) vertify my Chinese name cause i have different translation on my birth certificate and my passport

My lawyer is working on it and hopefully we will get some feedback soon after submit these evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Belle,

Lawyer submitted our REF to USCIS by mail on Nov 2 and USCIS confirmed they received our REF on Nov 3.

Just wondering now that USCIS has received our document, if they approve our application, are they just going to receive our Green Card? Or they are just approving the principle applicant and still have to approve the cross charge part?

Also, I know the cross charge isn’t really an formal application and they can’t really deny it, they can just ignore it. Do you think it is still the case now that they have asked us for reference?

Thanks!

Archived