H4 Stamping at Hyderabad - Approved

jojunya

My better half went for her H4 Visa Stamping today 17th Oct 2011 at Hyderabad Consulate and below were the questions asked. I am in my 4th year of H1B in US and my visa expired in Oct 2010. Since she is already in India, we decided it may be a good idea for her to attend to see if there would be any issues related to my H1 stamping when I travel to India in November. I am a full time employee of a medium sized chemical manufacturing company.

When she arrived at the gate, they said the photo has a pink shade and asked her to get a photo taken for INR 100 there some where in the consulate office it self. After that, they checked the interview letter and let her in. At the first counter, they verified all the documents that she submitted in advance and sent her to the visa interview counter. The Visa officer greeted her and asked the following questions

VO: Where does your husband work in US?

Answered with the name and place of the company

VO: When did you get married?

Answered with the date and year

VO: Is yours an arranged marriage?

Answered Yes

VO: Is your baby an US citizen? (She took our baby along with her as she was not sure how long the whole process is going to take)

Answered Yes

VO didn't check or ask for any documents and said that she will receive her passport in 5 days.

This forum has been a great help to prepare well for the visa interview.

Good luck and best wishes!!

Archived