Questions on DS 160

Amair

HI all,

Since most of you have already applied for your H1B i thought yo might be able out with few questions that I have regarding DS160.

1. what to write in place of surname? (I have m Indian passport & in place of surname it written"p" and under given names it shows my full name) not sure where to use "FNU" (In surname or given names on the DS 160 form)
  2. what is the national identification number?I dont have my ID so it necessary or can i use the option of "do not apply"?
  3. what is US tax payer ID number?(I thought this is for those who dont have SSN) can I use the "do not apply option" here and provide my SSN as it asks for SSN also?
  4. Where can i locate my passport booklet number? (I have an Indian passport)

these questions might sound little silly but i don't want to take any chances and learn from the experience of forum.

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Amair

• what to write in place of surname? (I have m Indian passport & in place of surname it written"p" and under given names it shows my full name) not sure where to use "FNU" (In surname or given names on the DS 160 form)

What ever surname is written on your passport write that.If your passport does not have correct passport or if it does n't match your records try to change name on the passport.

• what is the national identification number?I dont have my ID so it necessary or can i use the option of "do not apply"?

You can put DOES NOT APPLY

and provide my SSN as it asks for SSN also?

You Can put DOES NOT APPLY for Tax payer ID and write your SSN if you have one

• what is US tax payer ID number?(I thought this is for those who dont have SSN) can I use the "do not apply option" here
  • Where can i locate my passport booklet number? (I have an Indian passport)

put DOES NOT APPLY

These are as per my knowledge.

Archived