Passport status on 221(g)

221gexpected

I will be traveling to India on a business trip and will be attending the Chennai consulate for my 4th H1B renewal.

However, I received tech alert (TAL) during my 3rd H1b renewal at Mexico and was asked to submit list of publications etc. I work for a reputed MNC with MS in a non sensitive area but somehow ended up with TAL.

Even though, I am attending with in one year of the expiry of my stamp I am expecting 221(g) in Chennai.

I want to know if the Chennai consulate will give my passport back while they are processing the visa?

I don't have any other Indian ID and need that to fly from one airport to another within India on business.

Thanks for your time.

I will be traveling to India on a business trip and will be attending the Chennai consulate for my H1B renewal.

However, I received (TAL) during my H1b renewal at Mexico and was asked to submit list of publications etc.

I want to know if the Chennai consulate will give my passport back while they are processing the visa?

I don't have any other Indian ID and need that to fly from one airport to another within India on business.

Thanks for your time.

Anyone????

Archived