Succesful Stamping Exp- Chennai

Optimus Prime

I had my visa interview in Chennai on 09/29. Mine is a 7th Year extension. My new H1-B Extension just got approved and I had to travel to India for personal reasons and went to Chennai for the interview even though I am from Hyderabad.

I work in an E-V-C model.

Following is a list of questions I was asked:

1. How long I have been with my current employer?

2. What do I do?

3. Is there a Client?

4. What does the client do?

5. Show me your paystubs?

6. Show me your I-129 and LCA?

7. Show me the letter to USCIS?

She reviewed all my documents and said that my visa is approved and that I would be receiving my passport in 5 days. I received my passport a couple days back. Everything seems to be in order so far.

Bottomline, do not dread visa stamping. Just have all your documents in order and be confident. Do let me know if there are any questions.

• 1 month later...

I had my succesful stamping yersterday at Chennai..

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning

VO: When you guys are planning to go to US

Me: We came from there, So would be returning in fact

VO: Oh, you would be returning

VO: You work in xxxx

Me: Yes

VO: What you do

Me: I explained in two sentences

VO: i will ask few more questions once this screen comes up, So please wait..

Then onwards she was talking to my daughter in a playful way. Not sure she just wanted to past time till the next screen comes up up or wanted to find the whereabouts..

Anyway once the screen came up

VO: Do you have your paystubs

Me: I do, and handed over the full calendar year paystubs..She just glanced through that

VO: Your visa is approved, wil get your passport in five days, Have a pleasent trip..

Me: Thanks, and have a good day.

I reached the consulate at 07.25 ( My appt was for 07.45) ...

I came out from consulate at 08.45. Total time spent was 1 hour twenty minutes..My pictures didn't get accepted due to background and I had to avail the inhouse photo service.

Now waiting for my passport..By the way I am a permamanent employee with a Fortune 500 company and this is my 06th-09th year extension.

Hope this helps others planning to visiy Cheni for stamping..

I had my succesful stamping yersterday at Chennai..

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning

VO: When you guys are planning to go to US

Me: We came from there, So would be returning in fact

VO: Oh, you would be returning

VO: You work in xxxx

Me: Yes

VO: What you do

Me: I explained in two sentences

VO: i will ask few more questions once this screen comes up, So please wait..

Then onwards she was talking to my daughter in a playful way. Not sure she just wanted to past time till the next screen comes up up or wanted to find the whereabouts..

Anyway once the screen came up

VO: Do you have your paystubs

Me: I do, and handed over the full calendar year paystubs..She just glanced through that

VO: Your visa is approved, wil get your passport in five days, Have a pleasent trip..

Me: Thanks, and have a good day.

I reached the consulate at 07.25 ( My appt was for 07.45) ...

I came out from consulate at 08.45. Total time spent was 1 hour twenty minutes..My pictures didn't get accepted due to background and I had to avail the inhouse photo service.

Now waiting for my passport..By the way I am a permamanent employee with a Fortune 500 company and this is my 06th-09th year extension.

Hope this helps others planning to visiy Cheni for stamping..

Folks congratulations on your approvals.

Can you please mention whether you plan to collect the passporots from the vfs counter or have it delivered to your home address? How long it would take in either case?

Archived