Can MRV fee paid for appointment in Mexico used for appointment in Canada

sam834

See the response i got from us visa info support team below .. hope this clarifies your doubts ..

Please note that application fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable regardless of whether a visa is issued. MRV fees are valid for one year from date of purchase to schedule an appointment at the US Embassy or consulate in the country which the payment was originally made.

Payments made in the Mexico service are only valid for appointment scheduled in Mexico.

• 7 years later...
On 10/4/2011 at 11:33 PM, sam834 said:

I scheduled an appointment in Matamoros,mexico and paid MRV fee. Can I cancel that appointment and use the fee I paid to scedule an appoinment in Canada . Looks like its the same website for both Canada and mexico.

Please advise.

MRV fee paid will be valid for 1 year from the date of visa fee payment ; you can use the same fee to attend any consulate in mexico within mexico (Or specific country you paid visa fee for)

Fee paid can't be used to another country.

Reason : US Visa fee varies as per the conversion rate (Dollar to specific country currency) every day. so usually MRV fee forms have specific validity (7 or 10 days) after creating them to pay the visa fee online or In-person at Bank.

If needed any further info / help about visa fee payment in mexico,

Please feel to drop me an email

Archived