221G Yellow Toronto - Sep / Oct Tracker

srini09

Hi,

I attended H1b renewal on Sept 19th 2011 in Toronto and I got 221g yellow form.

My Case: 2nd Term H1B

Interview: Sept 19th 2011

Model: Full time employee with American company that employs 140k employees.

Visa Officer kept I797A, resume, passport, gave back all employer related documents, I129, etc.

The Visa Officer told me that it will take about 1-3 weeks and told that DHL will contact for passport pickup.

It's been two weeks already. I haven't received any email.

Waiting on update from the consulate.!

----------------

Hi All,

Any update from the consulate on your cases? I am waiting since Sept 19th with a 221G yellow... Just trying to get an estimate on how long this wait is going to go on...?

Do you have any idea about the transferring the case to U.S Consulate in India?

I have to request my passport back do you have any idea to whom/which number to call?

Thanks for your help.

------------

I had my H1b interview on Oct. 5th, after the interview VO said "your Visa is approved"

and handed me a white slip, This slip had general information that visa approval takes 2 - 3 weeks typically for administrative proceessing and then had the DHL pickup details etc.

Not sure what is happening.....she did not ask for any additional information, nothing is checked off on this slip.

This is a generic piece of paper.

Anybody with same experience ??

How many days does it typically take to get passports back from Toronto consulate.

Any help will be appreciated.

I had my H1b interview on Oct. 5th, after the interview VO said "your Visa is approved"

and handed me a white slip, This slip had general information that visa approval takes 2 - 3 weeks typically for administrative proceessing and then had the DHL pickup details etc.

Not sure what is happening.....she did not ask for any additional information, nothing is checked off on this slip.

Is this white slip the 221g ??? has anybody else got this ?

Because she verbally said - Visa approved....

I am just frustrated with all that is happening.

I am a PR in canada and luckily have friends here......but I have my meetings etc at work that I cannot miss.....whole reason for getting stamping was that I was supposed to go on a China trip regarding a project.

• 2 weeks later...

virgos, I had same experience: interview on Oct. 17th, very short interview, five questions, at the end of the interview VO said "your Visa is approved", and handed me a white slip and said "this is instruction on how to pick up passport". VO kept passport and I797 approval notice, and did not ask for any additional document. This white slip had general information that visa approval takes 2 - 3 weeks typically for administrative processing and then had the DHL pickup details etc.

I talked to my immigration attorney in US, he said its probably background/security check, and has to wait for it to clear.

virgos, I had same experience: interview on Oct. 17th, very short interview, five questions, at the end of the interview VO said "your Visa is approved", and handed me a white slip and said "this is instruction on how to pick up passport". VO kept passport and I797 approval notice, and did not ask for any additional document. This white slip had general information that visa approval takes 2 - 3 weeks typically for administrative processing and then had the DHL pickup details etc.

I talked to my immigration attorney in US, he said its probably background/security check, and has to wait for it to clear.

Not to offend anyone here, but do you have a common muslim name? [as it has been observed on numerous occasions that they do AP on that]

I am a PR in canada and luckily have friends here......but I have my meetings etc at work that I cannot miss.....whole reason for getting stamping was that I was supposed to go on a China trip regarding a project.

virgos - can you please shed some light on whether or not you got your passport back and if so when? waiting on the same case here...

abrampt - did you hear back yet? please shed some light on if you did... waiting on same case here. thanks

Archived