First time H1B Stamping in Canada (COS: F1 -> H1)?

222cool

Place: Toronto

Date: 24Th OCT , Monday

Time:1:30pm

How Does V.O look : white middle aged guy age around 35, Very focused

and the interview

V.O:What is your company Name?

ME: So and so..... (my company is not a Desi company , its american consulting firm)

V.O:What they do?

ME: its an IT consulting firm.

V.O:What they actually do?

ME:they deploy their employee`s in clients location to get the work done for clients.

V.O:OK, but they do own any proprietary software?

NO

V.O:How long you been with this company?

ME:little less than 1.5 years

V.O:How long your company is in bussiness.

ME:since 2001 and its a small company only based in maryland

V.O:How much you earn?

ME:i started with xxxxx and after 1 year they reviewed by performance and raised it to xxxxxx.

V.O:Who is the client?

ME:blah

V.O:what they do?

ME:blah blah

V.O:Any vendors in between client and your employee?

ME:NO , my company is direct to clients.

V.O:Do they keep any %of your salary from client?

ME:i guess so.

V.O:Do you know how much?

ME:i dont know , but i have my LCA and everything in it.

V.O:Give me your paystubs.

ME:i gave

V.O: How much did you pay for your petition.

ME: Nothing

V.O: He again asked same question trying to confuse me.

M.E: my company paid for my H1 , i did not pay single penny

V.O:where did you work before.

ME:so and so.

V.O:why did you leave that company?

ME:it was shortterm contract and i got better job with 25% increase in salary and in same place.

V.O:Did you do your masters in usa?

ME:Yes, in blah blah university

V.O:You got your h1 petition rejected once,

ME:Yes.

V.O:Do you know why?

ME:they dont have a client letter to support it.

V.O:what is the company name?

ME:Blah Blah

V.O:but did you worked for them?

ME:No

V.O:then why would they field a petition?

ME:they would have placed me , if my h1 got approved.

at this moment , his expression on hi face changed and i guess he is in dilemma

he said will come back in a bit, and went somewhere around 7mins.

i guess he talked to someone on the phone , i dont know who it was.

after coming back he typed something in system for 2mins seriously and told me your h1 got approved. :D

i strongly recomend , if you dont have enough documentation dont go.

Place: Toronto

Date: 24Th OCT , Monday

Time:1:30pm

How Does V.O look : white middle aged guy age around 35, Very focused

and the interview

V.O:What is your company Name?

ME: So and so..... (my company is not a Desi company , its american consulting firm)

V.O:What they do?

ME: its an IT consulting firm.

V.O:What they actually do?

ME:they deploy their employee`s in clients location to get the work done for clients.

V.O:OK, but they do own any proprietary software?

NO

V.O:How long you been with this company?

ME:little less than 1.5 years

V.O:How long your company is in bussiness.

ME:since 2001 and its a small company only based in maryland

V.O:How much you earn?

ME:i started with xxxxx and after 1 year they reviewed by performance and raised it to xxxxxx.

V.O:Who is the client?

ME:blah

V.O:what they do?

ME:blah blah

V.O:Any vendors in between client and your employee?

ME:NO , my company is direct to clients.

V.O:Do they keep any %of your salary from client?

ME:i guess so.

V.O:Do you know how much?

ME:i dont know , but i have my LCA and everything in it.

V.O:Give me your paystubs.

ME:i gave

V.O: How much did you pay for your petition.

ME: Nothing

V.O: He again asked same question trying to confuse me.

M.E: my company paid for my H1 , i did not pay single penny

V.O:where did you work before.

ME:so and so.

V.O:why did you leave that company?

ME:it was shortterm contract and i got better job with 25% increase in salary and in same place.

V.O:Did you do your masters in usa?

ME:Yes, in blah blah university

V.O:You got your h1 petition rejected once,

ME:Yes.

V.O:Do you know why?

ME:they dont have a client letter to support it.

V.O:what is the company name?

ME:Blah Blah

V.O:but did you worked for them?

ME:No

V.O:then why would they field a petition?

ME:they would have placed me , if my h1 got approved.

at this moment , his expression on hi face changed and i guess he is in dilemma

he said will come back in a bit, and went somewhere around 7mins.

i guess he talked to someone on the phone , i dont know who it was.

after coming back he typed something in system for 2mins seriously and told me your h1 got approved. :D

i strongly recomend , if you dont have enough documentation dont go.

Man this interview was very scary....

Hi All,

I am also on the same boat.

I have changed different employers while i am on OPT and did not have payments for all the months while on OPT.

Can you all guys, please suggest me if VO put a question on me that Are you on the bench ever?

How can i support this question in the best way.I have payments for all the months while on H1B. Just concern about OPT period. Please suggest me.

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I am planning my stamping at Vancouver, Canada and I am in the same boat too. I might be going in first week of December can you all please share your experiences at the Canada consulate.

If anyone is planning to Vancouver email me so that we can plan together. You can get my email from the profile.

Thanks !!!

Hello,

I am planning my stamping at Vancouver, Canada and I am in the same boat too. I might be going in first week of December can you all please share your experiences at the Canada consulate.

If anyone is planning to Vancouver email me so that we can plan together. You can get my email from the profile.

Thanks !!!

hey Kiran,

am going to vancouver canada On December 7th.Please send me your contact details to my email..we can discuss further....i have my email updated on my profile. Thanks

Hi All,

Currently am working in EVC Model with a client under Fortune 15 Companies from past 2 1/2 years...

here is my brief details about my case

1) Joined EmployerA in October 2008 in OPT

2) H1B Applied from EmployerA in June 1st 2009 got it approved for 1 year On July15th which starts from October1st 2009

3) On June 15th 2009 i.e., after applying H1B from employerA i have moved to EmployerB and started working for other Client

4) Applied for H1 Transfer from EmployerB in September Got rejected on October 8th due to some Document Issues(at this point i was not on OPT Officially i was on H1 with EmployerA but was not working with him anymore)

5) Applied an other H1 Transfer from EmployerB on October 23rd now with Proper Documentation and got it approved for for three years with EVC with ClientA. And still working with same client(So i don't need any H1B Amendment)

6) Masters: Computer Science(Working in same field of my education background)

7) Never been on bench

Now my question is am going for stamping in december

I am not sure in what status i was on from October 1st 2009 - Oct 27th 2009? Will this be any problem for Stamping?? Can some one please enlighten me on this

All Experts and Friends please please suggest me or tell me about pros and cons of my case.. I would really appreciate if some one can help me in understanding my case better so that i will be well prepared.

Hi,

I'm in Ottawa for my F1 renewal. I'm a 5th yr PhD student in a US uni. I got a 221g blue. Interview was normal. Didn't ask much. Infact the VO told me "your visa will be granted, BUT we have to do some admin processing". I've had my interview on the 31st of Oct 2011. Its 11th Nov today and I'm still here waiting.

My wife had her interview on the same day too 31st oct. She's here for first time H1 stamping. She got her PhD in US so was on F1/opt. Interview went normal. Nothing much asked except for usual doc of employer letter, work papers etc. Said the same thing that she would ge the visa, BUT need admin processing- and was given the blue 221g.

Anyway, the wait is frustrating, but nothing else can be done. If anyone has had a similar experience, please feel free to share their thoughts. Thanks.

HI All,

I am currently working in EVC model also...first time stamping from F1 -> H1..planning to go to vancouver for stamping..i didnt stanrt the process yet....is it possible to book the appointment without taking the visiting visa....does it have it have any negative affects if i reserve the appointment and cancel it if in case and re scehdule it????

and can any one send me the link to schedule the appointment with consulate at vancouver..????

Generally which consulate is giving more visas..??? I heard a lot from vancouver but i think there would be some more also which I am not aware of??? can anyone suggest me which one would be the best one to go for??

I have cleint letter with dated sometime in september if i go to consulate in Janualrry or do I need to take another letter with latest date on it???

Please Do help me out....I am kind of confused on what to choose???

Thanks in advance....

Archived