Can I Transfer my H1B to the Prime Vendor while on 221g blue?

keldhose

I am waiting for a response from the chennai Consulate since May 2011 after I submitted the additional docs mentioned in the 221g blue sheet.

Mine is E-V-C model and now I am thinking to transfer my visa to the Vendor. Can I do it while my case is being reviewed by the consulate? Is it a good Idea?

Experts, Please advice me.

Thanks,

EK

I came to India in May for my wedding and I had to stamp my H1B extension. I had my Visa Visa Interview on May 17th at Chennai Consulate and the VO gave me 221(g) Blue from to drop the contract between my vendor and client in the VFS drop box. I dropped the requested docs in VFS on June and wating since then. I used to call the consulate every week and getting the same reply as my case is still under review. My client was also waiting for me since then.

My wife went back to USA as she is a Phd student. So now after waiting so long I am planning to go for F2 Stamping as my employer suggested me that if I reach there on F2 He can file a Change of status and amend the I94 and I can start working.

I would like to know your suggestions? please let me know your thoughts...

I am waiting for a response from the chennai Consulate since May 2011 after I submitted the additional docs mentioned in the 221g blue sheet.

Mine is E-V-C model and now I am thinking to transfer my visa to the Vendor. Can I do it while my case is being reviewed by the consulate? Is it a good Idea?

Experts, Please advice me.

Thanks,

EK

I went for F2 Stamping and got it approved. I didn't revoke my H1B. Event though I informed them that my H1B is pending they didn't ask me to revoke my H1B. they just said my F2 visa is approved.

when you first have a H1b, you are allotted a CAP number which is valid for six years. this number is not shown anywhere and is accessible to USCIS. When filing your new petition, you need to give your old case/petition number and your attorney will take care of the rest. (basically he would tick the Cap exempt box in the I129)

Archived