GC dispatched on old address - Belle , expert please respond

anilparo

GC got approved but sounds like it was dispatched to my old address. I filed AR-11 online when i moved to new location but sounds like address was not updated in system.

my family members already received card. I never get RFE & i did not file AC-21 after moving to new location. Please advice what i need to do now.

My wife is in the same boat. Her card was also sent to old address. I updated the address on the pending application but just the same day it got sent - too late. Most likely it will be returned to USCIS and we will have to file I 90. What I am not sure is

1) How do we know if its received back by USCIS

2) Will we have to pay extra fee?

3) By choosing option B on I 90 "Card never received" - will they send it back to old address or they will send it to the new address listed on the application or associated with the Alien#?

Anyone else in the same boat or had similar experience?

Thanks for replying.

I just filed AR 11 only, no additional letter was sent for address change to USCIS .

I called service center and they asked me to wait for another 30 days.

I called USPS also and they told that letter was returned to sender with reference with new address which I gave USPS at the time of moving. They also told me that they could have redirected the post if I have imformed them in advance.

If you don't mind, can i suggest you to tackle your issues one by one.

Firstly, you have your address problem - resolve it first. You can confirm your online address change with USCIS only after elapse of 30-days from the day of your online address update.

Then, take care of your second problem, that is filing I-90 for GC not received. I think they will use the address filled up in I-90. This process will take 90 days.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think USPS would not even deliver the mail to the old address. It will simply return to the sender if you don't have it forwarded to the new address. Since I have received my card - I am thinking my wife would have already be returned. Post office told me that they usually return it the next day. I know its my mistake - I should have updated the address earlier.

I called the USCIS center and requested the CSR to transfer me to the IO (second level). Immigration officer was polite and provided me the tracking number and found out that the card was in the process of being returned but USCIS hasn't received it yet. She said that call us back in 2 weeks when they can see in the system that the card has been received back. They will then send it again to our new address.

We just called USCIS - they processed a request to mail the card back to our new address - they also gave me a reference #. Make sure to be connected to the second level - i.e the immigration officer - they have lot more ability to process requests and view detailed case info.

Good luck

Archived