H1B Renewal Stamping in India(Chennai/HYD)

pavan2012

I got my H1b visa stamped from chennai back in 2008, my visa expired in sept 2011, but I have my h1 approved from my employer upto 2013. I am not working for a consulting firm, I am a full time employee at a reputed company.

I need to travel to india in nov 2011,I would like to know the risks involved or the things i need to be prepared for.

I have got my initial h1 stamped from chennai back in 2008.

Previously I also went through chennai for my F1(Bachelors) and B1 also, I never had any issues at chennai. I am from AP, now there is a consulate in HYD, i am not sure whether i have to go to HYD or chennai consulate for my h1b renewal stamping.

Please suggest me which consulate i Should take appt for and what should I be prepared for?

Once again thanks for all your help and time.

I hope joeff reads this and responds to this.

Thank You

I recently heard from a friend, for renewal we can go to any consulate in India...I want make sure if thats true? Please can someone shed some light, I need take an appoinment asap. I basically prefer chennai, because I always went there before.

HELP HELP

that is true to the best of my knowledge. You can call vfs and ask them this question. hyd is a hassle as you may need to submit your docs 4 days in advance.

Archived