Approved H1B - Mumbai Consulate - Sep 29th

TJ_1

Hi Guys,

It is payback time for me. I used this forum so extensively, that I got all the information I need. So, Here you go my experience, tips etc for the interview.

Interview was really a cakewalk. The reason I say this is because if you are genuine applicant, they approve your visa before your interview actually happens. Just my observation. Not sure though.

There is huge rush at Mumbai Consulate. Guards near consulate say that everyday the interview's are delayed atleast by 30mins. I Had my interview at 10 AM on 29th Sep. Reached consulate by 9:30 AM. Had to wait for 1hr because of some delay before. Was allowed inside at around 10:20 AM. Process is smooth, people are friendly and they will guide you. They tenprinted me at 10:30AM. Then it was waiting time. Mumbai Consulate doesn't have electronic display of tokens. They give a paper number token and VO's call the numbers which are given to you. So Guys pay heed to that and act accordingly. My number was called at 11:45AM. There were 4 people before me in queue. Results were reject,reject,accept,reject and I was given visa. So guys, every case is different and ultimately it boils down to your confidence and how strong is your case. Here are some excerpts from the interview. My interviewer was an Asian origin lady. She was nice and cool... She rejected 3 cases before me but I believe she understand's what she is doing.

VO) Hi !! Good Morning. How are you?

Me) Hello, Good Morning. I am good. How are you?

VO) Ok. Have you read this While form ? (what the hell is this!! Is this what we call a slip ?)

Me) No.

VO) Here you go ! Please read this form carefully. It says about your rights while working in USA (Hmm.. Cool)

Me) Yes, Sure (Chuckling)

VO) Why do you want to go to US ? (Are you kidding !! You know already ?! eh...)

Me) I will be working as XXX for XXJ software product.

VO) what is your job title

Me) CCC

VO) Who is your client ?

Me) YYY

VO) Where do you work ? Clients place or employer's place ?

Me) Client's place.

VO) Where is it located ?

Me) Somewhere in this world.. Kidding... Answer as per the LCA and petition

VO) Do you have someone from your working company over there like your manager ?

Me) Yes

VO) What is his name?

Me) Told ( I had to spell it to her, as she was typing it in the system)

VO) What is your experience ?

Me) 3 years and 3 months

VO) Your company is into which domain ?

Me) She gave the answer too, I told that is correct.

VO) What is your subject matter expertise ?

Me) blah blah

VO) What is your pay ?

Me) XXK per annum

VO) What is your highest degree ?

Me) Master's in so and so..

Atlast she marked a Big 'A' on my documents and told that my visa is approved and I would get it in 4 days time. I already got an SMS that my passport has been couriered to my address through Bluedart.

Be Confident and Have all the paper work in place. They did not ask a single document from me though.Good Luck Guys !!

@TJ1

Congrats Man...great to hear about your experience and approval. can you please let me know what documents you carried and how did you finish the document sending process. Because i heard we have to send the documents upfont before the interview. It will be a great help if you can reply with the info. And also some suggestions if you have any.

I am actually stuck here from May. I went for stamping at New Delhi but was given a 221g which is still pending. I am in process of getting my H1-B transfered to the Client so if approved will have to go for stamping again as a Direct employee.

Congrats man, please let us know about the documents and how to answer this question:

Do you have someone from your working company over there like your manager ?

If you say yes, do they actually verify it? Or what's the other best answer for such a question, as in EVC model, client hires/fires and employer has ZERO control and this is a clear failure of E-E relationship.

OPtion 2: You simply say that the client manager notifies my employer about my tasks. The client will send the internal feedback to my employer and then my employer will measure my work based on the feedback provided by my client manager.

Employer will not give the work but supervises the work. There is nothing wrong in saying task manager gives the work.

Please advise.

Hi Guys,

It is payback time for me. I used this forum so extensively, that I got all the information I need. So, Here you go my experience, tips etc for the interview.

Interview was really a cakewalk. The reason I say this is because if you are genuine applicant, they approve your visa before your interview actually happens. Just my observation. Not sure though.

There is huge rush at Mumbai Consulate. Guards near consulate say that everyday the interview's are delayed atleast by 30mins. I Had my interview at 10 AM on 29th Sep. Reached consulate by 9:30 AM. Had to wait for 1hr because of some delay before. Was allowed inside at around 10:20 AM. Process is smooth, people are friendly and they will guide you. They tenprinted me at 10:30AM. Then it was waiting time. Mumbai Consulate doesn't have electronic display of tokens. They give a paper number token and VO's call the numbers which are given to you. So Guys pay heed to that and act accordingly. My number was called at 11:45AM. There were 4 people before me in queue. Results were reject,reject,accept,reject and I was given visa. So guys, every case is different and ultimately it boils down to your confidence and how strong is your case. Here are some excerpts from the interview. My interviewer was an Asian origin lady. She was nice and cool... She rejected 3 cases before me but I believe she understand's what she is doing.

VO) Hi !! Good Morning. How are you?

Me) Hello, Good Morning. I am good. How are you?

VO) Ok. Have you read this While form ? (what the hell is this!! Is this what we call a slip ?)

Me) No.

VO) Here you go ! Please read this form carefully. It says about your rights while working in USA (Hmm.. Cool)

Me) Yes, Sure (Chuckling)

VO) Why do you want to go to US ? (Are you kidding !! You know already ?! eh...)

Me) I will be working as XXX for XXJ software product.

VO) what is your job title

Me) CCC

VO) Who is your client ?

Me) YYY

VO) Where do you work ? Clients place or employer's place ?

Me) Client's place.

VO) Where is it located ?

Me) Somewhere in this world.. Kidding... Answer as per the LCA and petition

VO) Do you have someone from your working company over there like your manager ?

Me) Yes

VO) What is his name?

Me) Told ( I had to spell it to her, as she was typing it in the system)

VO) What is your experience ?

Me) 3 years and 3 months

VO) Your company is into which domain ?

Me) She gave the answer too, I told that is correct.

VO) What is your subject matter expertise ?

Me) blah blah

VO) What is your pay ?

Me) XXK per annum

VO) What is your highest degree ?

Me) Master's in so and so..

Atlast she marked a Big 'A' on my documents and told that my visa is approved and I would get it in 4 days time. I already got an SMS that my passport has been couriered to my address through Bluedart.

Be Confident and Have all the paper work in place. They did not ask a single document from me though.Good Luck Guys !!

hey,

TJ1,

congrats for your approval

I have a question about h1b visa appointments dates at mumbai consulate. i want to go for my h1b renewal stamp around end of October 2011. however, when i try to book dates, i don't see any open dates at mumbai and i am been trying for past 15 to 20 days but never seen one open. can you tell me is there any specific time to look for dates or how did you get your dates? please, let me know about this. thanks in advance

hey,

TJ1,

I have a question about h1b visa appointments dates at mumbai consulate. i want to go for my h1b renewal stamp around end of October 2011. however, when i try to book dates, i don't see any open dates at mumbai and i am been trying for past 15 to 20 days but never seen one open. can you tell me is there any specific time to look for dates or how did you get your dates? please, let me know about this. thanks in advance

@TJ1

Congrats Man...great to hear about your experience and approval. can you please let me know what documents you carried and how did you finish the document sending process. Because i heard we have to send the documents upfont before the interview. It will be a great help if you can reply with the info. And also some suggestions if you have any.

I am actually stuck here from May. I went for stamping at New Delhi but was given a 221g which is still pending. I am in process of getting my H1-B transfered to the Client so if approved will have to go for stamping again as a Direct employee.

Sorry Man.. I was busy with other things... Process is clearly defined in the below link for document submission. Please go through it, that should be enough..

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/working_mumbai.html

If you are a direct employee, you have very good chances of getting a visa.. Follow the above mentioned process once your petition gets approved, you should get your visa without any hassles.

I am not really expert in E-E relationship area... Not sure if I can answer your questions. some answers are inline...

Congrats man, please let us know about the documents and how to answer this question:

Do you have someone from your working company over there like your manager ?

Since I work for my company, I have my manager at the client location. We have a direct agreement with our customer that we would work in their locations for security etc..

If you say yes, do they actually verify it? Or what's the other best answer for such a question, as in EVC model, client hires/fires and employer has ZERO control and this is a clear failure of E-E relationship.

I am not sure if they verify it. But VO asked me to spell my managers name and she stored it in her system. I cannot comment on E-E relationship, as I am novice in that area

OPtion 2: You simply say that the client manager notifies my employer about my tasks. The client will send the internal feedback to my employer and then my employer will measure my work based on the feedback provided by my client manager.

Employer will not give the work but supervises the work. There is nothing wrong in saying task manager gives the work.

<Again not sure>

Please advise.

hey,

TJ1,

Right now.. you can see dates open for Mumbai consulate for renewals... I am a first time H1B applicant, it is basically an internal transfer from my company. I found only one open during september and I booked. Mostly you should see dates open... Trying checking for dates between 8AM-12PM(Noon) IST timings.. you should see some or the other.. Good Luck !

congrats.

what is your employment model?

Also, does it take variable amount of time to get the visa stamped passport to be returned to you? I thought the vo told you it would take 4 days and you indicate that you got it faster than that?

I am not sure what employment model is and how is it determined. But, to say I work for my company which is product development company and I work for customers who use my company products.

I had my interview on thursday and I got passport in hand next Monday... if you neglect weekends it was 2 days. Moreover I got a mail to collect passport between 5-5:30PM from VFS Mumbai office the next day of my interview(Friday). I believe they just say some random number while approving your visa... Good Luck !

Archived