h1b Canada stamping - Automatic Revalidaiton Rule

canada4stamping

Greetings All,

This forum has been very helpful. Have question regarding AUTOMATIC REVALIDATION.

I have a valid H1B stamping which expired lastyear. Since then I have switched companies and currently hold a approved H1B petition( I94 attached with approval notice)valid till 2012 with my new company

I have researched and found mixed responses of using AVR after attending stamping interview.

-Can we use AVR after attending h1b stamping interview?

-In case of 221g, can we request consulate to return passport and I797, so that we can re-enter USA via road using AVR?

-Has any one been successful in above scenario, please share info

LAWYERS, EXPERTS please share your views.

THANKS

Greetings All,

This forum has been very helpful. Have question regarding AUTOMATIC REVALIDATION.

I have a valid H1B stamping which expired lastyear. Since then I have switched companies and currently hold a approved H1B petition( I94 attached with approval notice)valid till 2012 with my new company

I have researched and found mixed responses of using AVR after attending stamping interview.

-In case of 221g, can we request consulate to return passport and I797, so that we can re-enter USA via road using AVR?

THANKS

you will be ineligible for AUTOMATIC REVALIDATION once you attend a Visa interview.

You would get mixed responses only from people without a clue.

The law says that you can NOT use AVR if you attend a visa interview, and get denied, for any reason.

Period.

Canada 4 Stamping,

AVR is only and only valid as long as there is no COS Change of status application is under review. Simply if you appear for any kind of interview, you can not use AVR.

If you enter Canada for less then 30 days time period and have not attended any Visa Interview and you have approved I797 than you are good to re enter on AVR.

It is very much clear and straight forward rule.

Greetings All,

THANKS

Archived