EVC --- Hyd Consulate-- 221G Blue -- Petition Sent back to USCIS --- H1 Transferred to Vendor --- Stamping Successful in Chennai

bobby221gblue

Hi,

I recently got my VISA stamped for H1 in Chennai, Here is my Long story:

1 st Interview:

I work on a EVC model. and i attended the Interview on May 10th 2011 in Hyd. Regular questions ... . the final result is 221g blue with AAP checked and no other docs. I'm not aware of Amendment Rule in May.

I got an Email after three months that my Petition was sent back to USCIS.

I transferred my H1 to my Prime Vendor , Petition got approved in 7 days (Premium Processing), scheduled interview in chennai . Here are the questions:

(VO rejected the VISA of a guy infront of me ... i am very tensed as it is a second attempt )

VO: Good Morning, How are you ?

me: Good, Thanks! u?

VO: Great. Can i get ur pasport, Approval please

handed over the folder

VO: Which company are you working for?

me: XXX

VO: What is your role?

me : XXX

VO: looks like u work for a client

me: yes and it is YYY in XYZ Location

VO: What is the project about?

me: Blah Blah Blah

Vo: How much are you going to get paid?

me: XXX/year

VO: Are you going to work from the client location?

me: Yes

VO: How do u report to ur employer

me: i have an onsite manager from my employer so i directly report to him

VO: Do u have any Client manager that u report to

me: i do have a Client manager , but i don't report to him, all the work i do will be supervised/directed by my Employer.

VO: Can i get ur I129, LCA and Supporting Docs ?

me: Provided him (While i am looking for the docs, VO started asking questions to my Wife .. whr did u met, arranged or love , ... blah blah )

VO verified all the docs , i observed him checking the Client address in I 129.

No Questions on Old petition/Employer

typed a lot of stuff in Computer and told us that our VISA's are approved and PP's will be received in Weeks time.

received pp's after 3 days.

My suggestions:

• Get ur petition amended with ur recent client.
  • Prepare a good Job Desc
  • it is mandatory that you have to report to your employer (Not the client or Vendor). Better if you have any print outs of proving the same. (Status Reports to ur employer , Time sheets)
  • Remember VO's are not technical, So make sure u explain him ur job role in a simple manner (I've seen a guy who's explaining technical concepts ;-) )
  • organize ur papers in a proper way so that u'll be able to pull all your documents as soon as the VO asks for them

I am more than happy to answer any questions if you have

Thanks and Gud luck

Congratulations Bobby ! After a turmoil of 4 months finally something good. I'm planning to do the same thing as you, have a few question...

1. Can you transfer your petition once its sent back to USCIS ? Is that possible, I thought you could only apply a new petition ? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Since your previous Prime vendor is your current employer now and so you haven't started working for him technically (until you land in the US) How did you justify the point about you reporting to your onsite manager and not client manager.

3. What if I donot have an onsite manager to report to ?

4. What kind of proof can I carry in the form of status emails ? Do you recommend any other kind of documents to prove that ?

5. Did you prepare for questions like Why Chennai and why not Hyd ? Pls share your answers.

Thanks in advance and congrats once again.

Hi @bobby, Thanks for detailed post.

I have questions: in your EVC model, does client even know about your employer?

Usually that won't be the case right?

You onsite manager is also on H1 in US?

Is it okay if there is no onsite manager, but we still report to employer on weekly basis, and getting work from vendor?

@kcricket , @sg1010 , @mf1 .. Updated my email in my profile. Send me an email and i'll provide u the details

@siya

1) Its a New Petition

2)Actually the VO didnt asked me anything about my Old petition even though i mentioned in DS160 that my previous petition is sent back. Even i have a letter from Client stating that my reporting will be to the vendor and not the client (i have a Onsite manager from my vendor )

3)if u dont have anyone onsite .. u can tell them that u have a weekly status call and also send some emails to your employer as status reports and get thier print outs

4)just the print outs of status reports from sent emails of my official email ID

5) In my case ... my Vendor is a Big MNC and they'll normally book the appointments in Chennai. i dont think it will be a problem

@bobby221gblue - first of all Congratulations for successful stamping!! And thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us. it regards to Sayi's question#1 which you answered (it is a new petition). You meant that prime vendor filed new petition on 2012 CAP? i am confusing here. Could you please clarify me how it works? Also if possible, Could you please send your contact details

@bobby221gblue - first of all Congratulations for successful stamping!! And thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us. my questions is you answered for siya that it is a new petition. You meant that prime vendor filed new petition for 2012 CAP? i got confused here. Could you please clarify me how it works?

Thanks in Advance,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived