Conditional green card approvel notice for EB2 and weired call from TSC

Bala116

Hi Experts

I received the physical green cards and approval notices for myself and family members one week ago in mail. However Green Cards are showing the expiration dates in Sept 2021,but the approval / welcome notices for my wife,Kids and myself have the following contents towards the end ....................

"Your new card will expire two years from when you became a permanent resident. By law your resident status is conditional, and you must apply to remove those conditions before your card expires. We recommend you apply several months before your card expires. In the same approval letter I have been directed to contact UCSIS immediately if information in the letter is not correct". etc etc

I am in EB2 category and have been staying in USA on H1B for almost six year along my wife and kids. So for approval letter correction I called the USCIS office . In response of my query I received call from the TSC office yesterday evening and the lady on phone asked me that she would like to talk to my 10 years old kid who was out for his evening music class and was not at home at this time. I requested this lady that I could provide requsite information being I am the legal father and principal applicant but she insisted for taking to my son only. Keeping inview this situation I requested this lady for call back after 15 minutes so that I could pick my son from the music class. She agreed but after that she never called back. This situation has confused me to much now and looking for expert advice.

I am also wondering if any one has received such welcome / appoval notice, Please check your letters and share your experiance here.

Thanks in advance.

Somehow you got the wording for a conditional green card (for new spouses of US citizens). Why? Let me guess... somebody programmed it wrong!

The lady that you talked to probably barely graduated from high school, has no knowledge of the immgration laws, can't understand the difference between FB and EB, and basically is a glorified reader of the text off the screen. The government does not have the money to hire better people to answer such calls.

Thanks Belle for the prompt response. Here is another updated.

Today I received letter from UCSIS office that I need to file I-90 for all family members to correct the typo error and I need to return all the green cards. I may need to go through the biometric process again once I received the receipt. I also called the USCIS customer service office and explained the situation that issue is only with the approval letter not with the green card. After that the customer service agent put me on hold for few minutes and checked some details and then she told me that I must wait for one month to open new service request. Now I am not sure which direction should I go. Should I file I-90 as per letter I received or wait for one month to open another service request . I would also schedule info pass appointment and just wondering if someone could share any such experiance.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Belle for the prompt response. Here is another updated.

Today I received letter from UCSIS office that I need to file I-90 for all family members to correct the typo error and I need to return all the green cards. I may need to go through the biometric process again once I received the receipt. I also called the USCIS customer service office and explained the situation that issue is only with the approval letter not with the green card. After that the customer service agent put me on hold for few minutes and checked some details and then she told me that I must wait for one month to open new service request. Now I am not sure which direction should I go. Should I file I-90 as per letter I received or wait for one month to open another service request . I would also schedule info pass appointment and just wondering if someone could share any such experiance.

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations! You worked hard on creating issues for yourself, and you succeeded.

My suggestion is to stop creating more, i.e. stop calling the USCIS.

Archived