H1 to H4

sunilthegr8

Hello Everyone

My wife is currently working on H-1 and I am working on L-1. I got a job offer from another company and that cmp is filing H-1 for me. My wife wants to move on to H4 to take care of the twins we had recently.

My question is that if i apply for her H-4 along with my H-1, what will be the start date of H-4. IS it possible to provide a start date on H-4. like how she can time the H-4 arrival and relieving date.

thanks

Sunil

An H4 change of status petition is generally adjudicated within 15 calendar days if concurrently filed with an H1B petition that was filed pursuant to premium processing, or generally within two to three months pursuant to regular processing. Once the H4 petition is filed your wife may stop working and remain in a period of authorized stay pending the adjudication of the petition, thereby allowing her to give proper notice for an end date certain (provided the H4 petition is not approved prior to the end date). There may also be other options available that are best discussed directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded H1B Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived