Succesful Visa stamping in Chennai

ravi_umma

Hello everyone,

My details:

On H1B since 2004 and I140 approved.

Went for visa stamping first time in Hyderabad on May 31st EC model.

Was in admin processing so I found new employment and they applied for premium H1.

It was approved and went for stamping in CHennai on Sep 26th. Here are the interview details:

Me: Good Morning Mam!

VO: Very good morning! How r u?

Me: Good

VO: So you have been in US before

Me: Yes Mam since xxxx

VO: Have you appled for GC?

Me. My previous employer applied for GC and I140 is approved

VO: Can I see your approved I140?

Me: I am sorry I do not have it. (Had all the docs except that and the VO asked that)

VO: I cannot approve you visa at this time.(She switched off the speaker and went to talk to someone)

Me: (I sent the I140 to attorney, so quickly glanced the packet I got from attorney, FOUND IT!!!in the packet). Was ready to hand over the doc to her when she came back.

VO: I see your visa is denied with your previous employer

Me: Shocked (expected result, of course). It was not communicated to me.

VO: Called some one and having a discussion.( Took the packet that I gave and saw the I140 approval and Company letter to USCIS.)

VO:You have two valid H1's so I cannot grant you visa. You have two options:

Wait till your previous emp H1 is revoked by USCIS or write a voluntary letter here to revoke your previous emp H1 so that we can further process your case.

Me: Thought for couple of seconds and asked her to repeat my options. I chose the second option.

VO: I will hold on to your docs.

Me:Took the white form she gave me and wrote exactly as she told me to write(revoke my previous H1)

Me : Waiting to get in the line to give her the letter.

VO:Ok let me see what you wrote.

Me: ok thnaks!

VO: (after reading my letter) Your visa is approved. You will get your passports within 5 days.

Me: Thank You so much ! Hae a great Day!

VO: you too!

Got the passport yesterdsay with visa stamped.This was my experience. Let me know if you have any questions about my experience.Thanks!

Hello everyone,

My details:

On H1B since 2004 and I140 approved.

Went for visa stamping first time in Hyderabad on May 31st EC model.

Was in admin processing so I found new employment and they applied for premium H1.

It was approved and went for stamping in CHennai on Sep 26th. Here are the interview details:

Me: Good Morning Mam!

VO: Very good morning! How r u?

Me: Good

VO: So you have been in US before

Me: Yes Mam since xxxx

VO: Have you appled for GC?

Me. My previous employer applied for GC and I140 is approved

VO: Can I see your approved I140?

Me: I am sorry I do not have it. (Had all the docs except that and the VO asked that)

VO: I cannot approve you visa at this time.(She switched off the speaker and went to talk to someone)

Me: (I sent the I140 to attorney, so quickly glanced the packet I got from attorney, FOUND IT!!!in the packet). Was ready to hand over the doc to her when she came back.

VO: I see your visa is denied with your previous employer

Me: Shocked (expected result, of course). It was not communicated to me.

VO: Called some one and having a discussion.( Took the packet that I gave and saw the I140 approval and Company letter to USCIS.)

VO:You have two valid H1's so I cannot grant you visa. You have two options:

Wait till your previous emp H1 is revoked by USCIS or write a voluntary letter here to revoke your previous emp H1 so that we can further process your case.

Me: Thought for couple of seconds and asked her to repeat my options. I chose the second option.

VO: I will hold on to your docs.

Me:Took the white form she gave me and wrote exactly as she told me to write(revoke my previous H1)

Me : Waiting to get in the line to give her the letter.

VO:Ok let me see what you wrote.

Me: ok thnaks!

VO: (after reading my letter) Your visa is approved. You will get your passports within 5 days.

Me: Thank You so much ! Hae a great Day!

VO: you too!

Got the passport yesterdsay with visa stamped.This was my experience. Let me know if you have any questions about my experience.Thanks!

hey,

Ravi,

congrats for you approval

i have similar situation as yours, i am planning to go for h1b renewal end of this month. first h1b visa stamping was done in mumbai in 2009 and now i have a renewal. i am with same company and my I140 is approved too. however, i am not getting any appointment dates in mumbai, so planning to go at chennai consulate. just want to ask you that will there be any problem? do they ask why you came to chennai instead of mumbai? as in your case, you said that you been to hyderabad first time, and chennai second time. I will appreciate your feedback.

thanks

hey,

Ravi,

congrats for you approval

i have similar situation as yours, i am planning to go for h1b renewal end of this month. first h1b visa stamping was done in mumbai in 2009 and now i have a renewal. i am with same company and my I140 is approved too. however, i am not getting any appointment dates in mumbai, so planning to go at chennai consulate. just want to ask you that will there be any problem? do they ask why you came to chennai instead of mumbai? as in your case, you said that you been to hyderabad first time, and chennai second time. I will appreciate your feedback.

thanks

Archived