L1A Visa - Duration of Stay

leelap123

Hi , Currently i am staying in country on L1A Visa for the past 4 years and i have not yet applied for Green Card. As per my understanding with L1A Visa i can maximum stay in country for 7Years,but i would like t stay in the country for little longer than 7years. As per my company policy i am eligible for EB2 category.

Please advise me what is the best step i should take now to stay in country for more than 7Years.

Thanks

leela

In many cases, we have clients who are in L-1A status convert to H1B when a green card case is pending. Then, we can generally continue extending the person's H1B status until a green card is available. However, this is not always possible, depending upon the type of position, etc.

Then again, people in L-1A status oftentimes (but not always) qualify for an EB1© green card. In those situations, they can frequently obtain a green card prior to running into the 7 year time limit in L-1A status.

You should consult with a qualified attorney who can review your case and advise you on how best to proceed.

Archived