Successful I 94 Card renewal after expiration and Name Change

shrisai

Hi All,

This is what we did to get a New I 94 Card.

I have valid H1b Visa till sep 2012. My Old passport is exp in Nov 2011. When I got married and came back from India I got my I 94 Card valid till Nov 2011 only, even though my Visa was valid till Sep 2012. Same thing happened with my Husband as he is on H4 his I94 card was also valid till Nov 2011 but had a Valid Visa till Sep 2012.

I got my Passport renewed BUT ON MY MARRIED NAME NOW.

1. We took Multiple entry Visa for Canada, You can also get Single entry.

2. We crossed US CANADA border at Fort Eerie Bridge in Buffalo NY

3. As soon as we reached the Canadian Border told the Canadian officer that we want to turn around as we want New US I94 cards.

4. He asked us to park and gave us a document that we requested turn around. Officer even waived Toll fee for us.

5. We went back to US side told at the post that we need New I 94 Cards Officer said we already have I94 cards then I had to explain that my Visa is valid till 2012 BUT since my Passport was expiring this NOV thats why current I94 cards are valid till Nov 2011 only. Now I have my passport renewed and it is with my new name too as I got married after I got my Visa. Hence we need new I 94 cards.

6. Officer took my Old and New passport and my husband's passport and told us to park and took us in the CBP office. We were asked to wait till they call our names. We waited for good 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

7. I had taken ALL of my Documents My I94 form, I 797, my petition, ALL PAYSTUBS, Marrige Certificate, Bank statements, Letter from Employer, Contract, and my degrees and License.

My Husband took all of his bank statements, his Licence and educational proofs etc.we EVEN took our wedding album...

8.Finally they called our names and we were lucky officer did not ask us anything EXECPT OUR ADDRESS and gave us NEW I94 cards. For Me IT WAS FINALLY WITH MY NEW NAME.

they even stapelled my Passport together. My husband also got his new I94 card with correct validity.

9. Asked us to pay 12 dollars. $6 per I94 Card.

10. It was all done. :-)

I hope this info will help you or whoever is in similar situation.

Best of Luck.

Archived