Chances of getting 221(g) for the second time

deepab

I have been issued 221(g) in 2005 when I went to renew my F1 student visa for my PhD program. After 6 weeks of delay, I got my visa. Now, after graduating, I have been working full time for 1 year in H1B visa and want to go to India to get my H1B visa stamped in my passport for the first time. Will I get 221(g) again? Is there any other risk for my case?

I have been issued 221(g) in 2005 when I went to renew my F1 student visa for my PhD program. After 6 weeks of delay, I got my visa. Now, after graduating, I have been working full time for 1 year in H1B visa and want to go to India to get my H1B visa stamped in my passport for the first time. Will I get 221(g) again? Is there any other risk for my case?

Hi deepab...I know one of my friend who got 221g when he went for H1B stamping in Canada - he eventually got his visa stamped after 3 weeks. Few years later when he came back to India for another stamping he didn't get 221g. He got his visa without any issue.

So I would say, next time one might or might not get 221g...it is upto one's star's position. Remember, AP is completely opaque system. We are all in a guessing game.

• 11 months later...

Archived