Successful Stamping at Chennai Consulate

CinCity80

Fellow H1B aspirants,

I had been for H1 Stamping in Chennai on the 26th of this month. I had lot of doubts in mind about successful stamping with various negative factors like staying on B1 for 4.5 months, not having a client letter ( Direct Client) etc..

But still you got to do what you got to do, went to Chennai a day before had a good night's sleep , my interview was scheduled at 11:15 AM. After going through the routine process, sat waiting for my number to displayed on the screen. After a wait of approx 20 minutes, I was called for the interview. There were couple of guys before me, one for B1 I guess, the other one for L1 I think. Both of them got their VISA approved, which boosted my confidence, here's the dialogue between me and the VO.

VO: Good Morning, How are you today?

me: Good, Thanks! How are you?

VO: Great

handed over the folder

VO: Which company are you working for?

me: ABC company

VO: What is your role?

me : XYZ

VO: Who is your client?

me: a big consumer goods company

VO: What is the project about?

me: I told him exactly what the project was about

Vo: How much are you going to get paid?

me: xx,000/year

VO: Are you going to work from the client location?

me: No Sir, I'll be working from my company's office in the same city as the client

VO typed a lot of stuff in his computer and asked my wife just how long you guys have been married and finally told that our VISAs were approved and we'll be receiving our passports in one week

My suggestion is be confident, give accurate details about your project and salary tell them where exactly you'll be working ..

Congrats on your successful Visa stamping. I have been working for my employer for more than 6yrs and I am half a way stage in GC process with I-140 approval.

I have my appointment on 09/30/2011 i.e. tommorrow @ hyderabad.The following is my case

1.currently working for HP in Washington DC

2.EVC model

3.i have all the letters(Vendor - End client)

4.I have all the W2's

5.I have all the paystubs

6.I have all the tax returns

7.Xyrs employer tax returns

8.LCA's since starting year

9.All the petition details

Could you please shed some light into this.

Do the decisions made in Chennai consellate are in sync with hyd consellate?

I am really worried of how to do to deal with my situation.Could you please send me your contact cell#

well I can be reached at thisn email:nbendi@******.com

Thanks

Winter

Congrats @CinCity80 !

When you explained your role and project, did you say it in detail ..or in short /single sentence.?

Just wanted to know, Thanks!

Well, i intended to explain him in detail, the VO interrupted me while I was explaning ...looks like he had some knoweldge about the domain I'm working on. Anyways, be precise, I don't see any problem in explaining the project in detail.

@ Winter, it appears that your email address is hidden. I wish you all the best before I say anything.

No Doubt, we must have all the documents ready and accurate before we go for the interview. I had carried all the documents specified in the Chennai Consulate website, but the VO did NOT even bother to ask for any document except for I-797, LCA and the supporting letter provided by sponsoring company during filling of the petition.

Well I'm no expert on the VISA process, from what I even seen in murthy.com and other sites the approval or disapproval of your VISA stamping depends on how you answer the questions to the VO and you have enough documentation to justify your statements.

I do not forsee any reasons for the VO to reject your case, if you answer all his/her questions and provide accurate documentation if needed.

Archived