Please sign petition to allow all I140 approvers to file for EAD/AP.

Pamru

Hi All,

Please follow this link and sign this petition. If we can make 5000 signatures by Oct 23, White House administration will accept our petition and consider it for reviewing.

This Petition is about allowing all I140 approvers to file for EAD/AP irrespective of date getting current. We already have huge response in 2 days. Please pass it on to all your friends to sign who can benefit from this petition.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/allow-seriously-backlogged-eb2eb3-beneficiaries-their-i-140-approved-file-i-485-and-apply-ead-ap/d3D62yTt

How many repetitive postings for this frivolous petition that is contrary to law and stands no chance, are you going to create?

READ INA 245(a)(3).

Is this applicable to Employent Category or VAWA self-petitioner?, If you refering to "an immigrant visa is immediately available to him at the time his application is filed", then why DOS/USCIS is advancing the dates, even Visas are not available.

Don't live in Law books, try to change the law, which benefit everyone.

Don't live in Law books, try to change the law, which benefit everyone.

If you want to change the law, you would need to address Congress, not the WH, or DOS, or USCIS.

Please learn about the political system in the US.

Congress is the law-making body in this country.

Talk to your Congressperson... But that is harder than creating some useless online petitions...

INA 245 is the part of the law that allows for adjustment of status for people who require an immigrant visa (family and employment based immigration).

In order to file for adjustment, the statute requires that an immigrant visa be immediately available AT THE TIME OF FILING for adjustment.

Immediate relatives always have a visa immediately available BUT everybody else requires a current priority date merely to file. IF a visa category retrogresses, then EADs are available for the duration of processing the adjustment.

In order to file BEFORE a priority date becomes current will require a change in the law via an act of Congress. I don't care if the law gets changed on this point BUT I don't see any point in pursuing it via a dead end approach. In case you had not noticed, Congress does not listen to the White House.

INA 245 is the part of the law that allows for adjustment of status for people who require an immigrant visa (family and employment based immigration).

In order to file for adjustment, the statute requires that an immigrant visa be immediately available AT THE TIME OF FILING for adjustment.

Immediate relatives always have a visa immediately available BUT everybody else requires a current priority date merely to file. IF a visa category retrogresses, then EADs are available for the duration of processing the adjustment.

In order to file BEFORE a priority date becomes current will require a change in the law via an act of Congress. I don't care if the law gets changed on this point BUT I don't see any point in pursuing it via a dead end approach. In case you had not noticed, Congress does not listen to the White House.

If that is the case , why DOS/USCIS moved FB dates to 2010 and retro them to 2008, means the visas were available at the time they moved the dates then suddenly disappered in a month?

Do you know , why they moved EB2 I/C dates to 7/15/2007, means do they have visas available till that date?

Do you know why they made Current in all categories of EB in 2007, do you mean they have viasas available to every one?

If that is the case , why DOS/USCIS moved FB dates to 2010 and retro them to 2008, means the visas were available at the time they moved the dates then suddenly disappered in a month?

Ask them... *That* would be a better use of your time than promoting some irrelevant online petitions...

Do you know , why they moved EB2 I/C dates to 7/15/2007, means do they have visas available till that date?

Do you know why they made Current in all categories of EB in 2007, do you mean they have viasas available to every one?

First things first. It is DOS that tracks visa availability and they control the Visa Bulletin. DOS closely coordinates with USCIS on the number of visas that have already been used up and makes a best guess on how many they can accept based on the number of known approved petitions waiting in the visa queue. They have made some strategic guesses (that many people criticize without a full understanding of the overall system) and other factors (such as ups and downs in the economy and civil unrest as well as disasters) have influenced the priority date movements.

There was a period when not enough people were filing, so they advanced the priority dates briefly just to get enough people to file in order to have enough people to actually use the available visas.

Then there was a mad rush of TOO many people applying all at once and they had to put on the brakes. That was the retrogression.

The U.S. admits slightly over one million new LPRs every year (more than the rest of the world combined) BUT of those only 140,000 are employment based.

Historically, once the EB immigrants get here they will file for relatives as soon as possible. Many will have to natz first.

In order to increase EB visas, Congress would have to reduce Family Based numbers.

Do you advocates eliminating parents and siblings from visa availability or how about married sons and daughters? Many in Congress will only deal in those scenarios. Or how about eliminating EB dependent visas? The EB principals could be the only EB visa recipients who would then have to file I-130s for family members. Some here would gladly dump the DV lottery while others might wish to do away with or lower the number of refugees and asylees.

I doubt anyone would like any of those options. How about looking at other countries for examples: Canada, Australia, and the UK only want people with needed skills and other favorable factors and that includes only the skilled relatives of people already in those countries.

Please get back with a real solution that can be presented to Congress.

Archived