successful visa renewal stamping at Matamoros

rsasi

Hello sasi,

Congrats on your Visa approval. I have my visa appointment on Oct 26th in Matamoros. Finally happy to hear some good news. Can you please answer my below questions so that it can help the guys going for visa.

1. Did you send an Email or Fax to the consulate for PIMS verification.

2. When was your H1 approved.Was it more then 2 months from your interview date and they still said your PIMS was not upated.

3. Did they check all your W2s and pay stubs from day one ?

4.Which year of H1 are you in ?

5. Also I have two W2s in 2008 because I changed company in 2008. Where you in the same boat any year and how did you explain them.

6. Did you go to counter 6, to the bald guy. Is it assumed no matter what if you go to counter 6 your will get 221g.

7. Did you go with MAS and did you think you could have managed without them or was it worth paying $250 because I am planning to go myself

8. Are you EVC model or full time employee.

9. Finally during you stay did you see any full time employees getting 221g.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thank you all :)

@Sam

1. I didn't sent any email for verification of PIMS prior to my interview. Even you send any email I guess you will not going to get any reply from Matamoros. Couple of my friends did that, but no reply.

2. for me it took 5 days to get my passport. (So PIMS , Visa Printing and DHL took 5 days) Usually 3-4 days, because of PIMS one more day.

3. Yes VO asked all of my W2s. (You have to carry all of ur W2s, That is Mandatory in Matamoros). For me VO didn't ask any paystubs, but they did for some of my friends.

So its better to carry atleast current year paystubs. (I recommond to carry all of ur paystubs). For most of the cases they ask the current year.

4. 3 completed

5. yes, I do have couple of W2s, If they ask you can just say that I worked for 2 companies for that year.

6. I went to counter 7, Aged VO. Yes Bald guy (Counter 6) is really tuff to deal. But I can say one thing, if you have all the documents with you with no gaps in ur employment and if your company is clean you are okay.

That boosts ur confidence and that matters. I heard couple of people got their visas from BALD guy.

Aged VO also tuff, but comparing with Bald aged is ok.

7. Yes, I went through MAS. Some way its useful. But someway its not. Yes u are right, 250 is way expensive. It should be 120.

8. I'm on EC

9. Yes, couple of 221gs for that week. 2 to 3 are common every week.

@bin @Nagaraju

I'm on EC Model, there is no vendor.

VO asked the basic questions

Which company are you working for and where it is?

when your 1st h1b got stamping and where?

what is your salary

how many companies you worked so far (He asked this by going through my W2s)

how long been i'm on h1b.

where you did ur masters and what is your major

do you have any gaps (Bench)

He took time in entering all the details in to his computer, But I'm sure he is googleing your company and trying to fing any bad review on your company.

for one of my friend VO told that he found some derogatory information on his Company boss. He also mentioned that name of his boss. Though he got the visa finally.

My suggestions:

Stamping process in Matamoros is as useval else where. If you have all the documents with you then you no need to be afraid.

You got to have ur W2s(All years), LCA (they might ask but not always, good to have with you) and Current year pay stubs (very few time they might ask for any particular year, but very rare).

Client letter is good to have, but no mandatory (If your client doesn't give, thats ok, You can just carry the email conversation, badge etc). But it always good to have if you are in EVC.

Mainly they are looking for any considerable gaps in the employments, which might reflect in you W2s

If he found if the W2 amounts are very less, then he might ask Why? you need to prepare answer for this. if he want he might compare ur W2 with ur LCA.

Archived