i-140 refiling, if company merges ???

spike

Guys ,

iam on my 5th year of h1b and my 6years of h1b is expiring in the month of feb 2012.

now the situation is that i have a labor approved in EB2 category (PERM) and iam planning to file for the i-140 premium processing to get a 3 year extension for my h1b beyond 6years.

but recently my company is under the merger with one more firm , but my job responsibilities or my location of work or my job title would not change.

1.say if i have the i-140 premium filed and approved , do i need to reapply for the i-140 again with the new merger company?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

spike

please consult a lawyer.

the new company (after merger) will be the successor-in-interest with your petition, your employer will need to supply such documentation with your I-140 petition. employer will usually have to amend I-140 on approved cases but your case is slightly different as you are only filing your I-140 but would be similar to show successor in interest in your petition.

Guys ,

iam on my 5th year of h1b and my 6years of h1b is expiring in the month of feb 2012.

now the situation is that i have a labor approved in EB2 category (PERM) and iam planning to file for the i-140 premium processing to get a 3 year extension for my h1b beyond 6years.

but recently my company is under the merger with one more firm , but my job responsibilities or my location of work or my job title would not change.

1.say if i have the i-140 premium filed and approved , do i need to reapply for the i-140 again with the new merger company?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

spike

Archived