L1 Application

IndiaNow

Hi,

I am currently working as a Director-Finance (managerial/executive level) in the London regional office of my parent company after completing six years on my H1-B visa with the parent company in US. (Green Card application was not made as the initial recruitment stage brought in too many applications). I have been in the London position since May 2011. The company's intention is to transfer me back to the US head office after my term here on a L1-A visa . I know that I need to be out of the US for at least 1 year before re-entering the US, however; I do have a few queries:

1. How soon can I start the application procedure for the L1 visa? Should I have have completed the 1 year outside the US when applying for the L1 or when I enter the US on the L1?

2. How long does it usually take to prepare the application for the L1? How long does the approval process take with USCIS?

3. Can the green card application through L1 be started while I am still in London?

4. What is the current USCIS sentiment towards applicants of L1 visa who have been in the US on H1-B visa for a full term?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Archived