Can I change job role/position after GC ?

gaurav776

I just recieved my GC in the mail. I intend to start working for my GC sponsoring employer starting next month.

However I want to work in a "Business Analyst" role, where as my Job Title/description in labor application was "Software Developer"

Can I do that? Belle,JoeF,others please advise.

thanks

@lookingintoit

So actually let me make my situation more clear.

I had left the company (A) that sponsored my GC 2.5 years back, and have changed jobs multiple times since then, but never filed AC21.

Now my GC got recently approved. So I am supposed to go back to Company A for atleast 6 months.

But I want to know whether I can work as a Business Analyst instead of Software Developer (which was the job title/description in the labor)

There are no hard and fast rules in this matter. It's always a case of right intent. If you are working for the sponsor company at the time you received the GC, you should continue to work for 6 months more. Unless the company fires you, etc., in which case you can't help.

On the other hand, if you have already moved onto other companies using AC 21 (or not, in your case), then there is nothing else you can do to prove your intent. You can work for any company for whatever position.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived