Filing advice for EAD and AP

caas123

USCIS website says "Please note that, if you file Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident on or after July 30, 2007, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131. You may file these forms together. If you choose to file the I-765 and/or I-131 separately after July 30, 2007, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485." You don't need to pay additional fee for applying EAD and AP. It gives you little more flexibility interms on change in employer, if you need to.

Thanks for your replies. Sorry I would have elaborated my question. I am working on my 7th year H1B and is valid until 2014. My question was more related to processing time of I-485. If I apply my I-485 in August (hope it will be current for my PD) then how much time it may take to process I-485. If it won't take much time then still do I need to apply for EAD and AP?

Thanks

Archived