RFE How much delay

NikhilD

PD is June 2006. I-485 application date is May 23, 2011

FP July 2nd week.

Got an RFE for a document that they wanted. Lawyer said that they typically do not need that doc as it was submitted with I-140 but it was pretty straightforward so lawyer submitted the same immediately.

AP has been approved.

My question is once USCIS receives the RFE response, how much time do they typically take to move forward? Since the typical time to get I-485 approved is 3-6 months (for those who missed June 2007 filing), does this start the clock again? or should I expect something sooner.

Thanks.

If your RFE has been timely responded to, your I-485 application should still be on track to be adjudicated within the approximate 6-month timeframe for an I-485 application when the priority date is current.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived