RFE on Future Employment I-485

ramky

I worked for Company-A and latter moved to Company-B and still with B now.

While I was working for B, A filed my I-140+I-485 for future employment, I-140 got approved long back. PD for this 140 is Oct 2006 EB-2.

And my current employer B also filed my 140, it got approved, recently extended H1 using B's 140 and completed six years H1 time. PD for this 140 is July 2008 EB-2.

Job description of these two I-140s are different, AC-21 NOT possible, and even I don't want to do AC-21.

Now 485 date is current and got RFE, here the text.

"Review of your application and/or Service record indicates that more than one Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, has been approved on your behalf. Please identify which petitioning organization will be your permanent employer and state whether you still intend to accept an offer of employment for that organization.

In addition, submit a letter from your prospective permanent employer describing your employment. This letter should include your job title, the specific duties of the position, the position's educational and/or training requirements, the date you first began employment and the wage/salary paid."

Company-A is still willing to offer me the position and to give job offer letter for RFE.

And I'm willing to join A once 485 is approved.

My question is, if reply to RFE saying I want to take job offer with A, and if by any chance they didn't approve my 485, will that also abandons/cancels my 140 with B, and will jeopardizes my situation.

Company-B is also willing to give job offer and give letter to RFE reply...

Can Some please answer, what is the best and safest way in this scenario...

Hi Belle,

Thanks for looking in to this....

It's like, I can't sit on two chairs, right ?

If I say I want to go with A, wouldn't it invalidate the intention to work with B.

My concern is, if I say I want to go with A (future employment 140), if 485 didn't get approve for some reason, will that in any way effects my current H1B status with B and B's 140 ?

Thanks.

Archived