Spouse I 485 sent to Chicago Lock box??

pelan123

I have sent my wife's I485 to chicago lock box based on my I140? Is it right? or I should have sent it to Dallas ?

My I485 is still pending (PD NOV 2006).

I have sent it to Chicago based on my understanding of I485 instruction as follows,

"Spouse or child of an immigrant who has applied for adjustment of status or has been granted Lawful Permanent Residence through a Family-Sponsored Visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children (Part 2, Box “b†on the form)"

Based on the above statement (part 2 box b) I sent it to Chicago lock box.

If it is wrong what should I do? Should I need to send the another I485 to Dallas?

Yes you should be filing to the Chicago Lockbox per the I-485 form instructions.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

@Attorney 14-

I had the same question as the OP. I believe OP's case is employment based. And, doesn't the instructions pointed out by OP for family Sponsored category?

I mailed my spouse application to Phoneix lockbox (assuming she falls under my I-140 approved/pending category).

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Thanks. My wife's application is employment based. I should have sent to TX instead I sent to chicago lockbox.

I checked with lockbox support they said it will be internally routed to the right service center.

But I am not sure. Should I need to wait or cancel the check and refile?

Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived