Being prepared for I-485 step

PrabhuNat

Many of us are stuck waiting for the dates to become current so we can file for 485. What are the things that we can do now when we are in this period?

One of the things that is frequently mentioned is gathering adequate documentation for proof of birth. What are the things involved with that?

Other question is about medical. I hear we need to get vaccine shots etc. How do you go about doing that and what kind of documents to collect?

birth certificate: you need to get it from your home country. if you didnt have it earlier it takes time to get it . so please prepare for that. better to get it attested or apostilled

medical exam: see this link

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=288a0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextoid=288a0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Thanks for your response, sahiraj. Yes, I have a birth certificate. But my name is not there, my parents names are there. I have obtained birth affidavits from 2 of my aunts. Is that sufficient? I also have my birth date on my X/XII mark sheets. Can they be provided as additional documents?

I'll check out the link about medical ..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived