Can we mail I-485 for July VB in June

suma123

You will be fine. No worry. All you need is receipt numbers that you might have received in E-confirmation. They won’t cash your check, if they want to return/reject your petition.

Suppose USCIS receives package on July 1st and on very same day primary gets approval, then case is closed! Opportunity is gone! It has happened in some cases. It is better to send in little advance than late.

Originally posted by patio:

You will be fine. No worry. All you need is receipt numbers that you might have received in E-confirmation. They won’t cash your check, if they want to return/reject your petition.

If they enter the data into their system, they WILL cash the check.

Suppose USCIS receives package on July 1st and on very same day primary gets approval, then case is closed! Opportunity is gone!

Wrong.

The spouse can of course file an I-485 even if the primary applicant is approved. No problem at all.

It has happened in some cases.

Only to people who have no clue. See above. The spouse can file an I-485 when the PD is current, even if the primary applicant is already approved.

Please educate yourself and don't spread wrong information. Thank you.

At the time of withdrawl my checks were not cached. And I put a stop payment on them. Next day, I sent a letter to USCIS giving them the reason to withdraw the cases. I mentioned the receipt numbers in the letter.

While refiling, In the box where we give the Filing Date and Place, I also mentioned that "I have requested to withdraw SRC#". I didn't include any copy of the withdrawl letter in the package.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a withdrawl letter and USCIS received it on July 5th. Today, I-485 status says the following

On July 14, 2011, we rejected this case I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, because you did not resubmit payment to correct the insufficient funds notice. On July 14, 2011, we sent you a notice, advising you to resubmit payment within 14 days to correct the deficiency. 14 days have passed and the deficiency has not been corrected. Accordingly, this case has been returned with all accompanying documents and is now considered improperly filed and rejected.

So, you think they are not going to ask me for money?.

Archived